Leon County, TX Use of Easment to Access OneOk Staging Site

Hi Hoping someone can assist me. I have property in Leon County that I am prepping to move on to. I was contacted by a OneOK property negotiator requesting the use of my power line easement to access their staging site. We have a second meeting in 2 days. Due to recent artifact discoveries resulting in changes to the pipeline route, they appear to be in quite a hurry to get me to sign an agreement and went as far as to mention my land is the only route. I was offered what I consider a very small sum to disrupt my life and my family’s for at least the next year. They did want permanent access, which I am not happy about. What can I do? What should I expect in regards to payment? I understand Eminent Domain could also be a problem. Please help, I am researching until I can’t see straight and am still not as knowledgeable as I feeI I should be. THANKS

You effeminately need to visit with an attorney licensed in your state for this issue. Sometimes companies claim (or hint) to have eminent domain when they don’t.

If they are in a hurry, that is good for you!!

Don’t let their deadlines rush you into a bad decision from a property & financial standpoint.

As an attorney, I am sometimes presented with a decision that someone made but cannot back out of now.