Leon County Leasing Rates

We’ve been approached by a company wanting to lease some Leon County property that my family and I own mineral rights on. My question is: What are the lease bonus amounts and royalty percentages currently being offered? Our property is situated in the F.C. Booker A-64, H. Porter A-687, and J. Hargiss A-413 Surveys. Any information on current rates will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

It all depends upon the area of the County your mineral acres are located in, who’s trying to lease it, and the lease form and details. What most people don’t know is that some leases are so bad that if you sign it you might almost be "deeding them your mineral rights.

These tracts are south and southeast of Jewett, with two being a couple miles north of Hwy 7 and about three miles west of I-45, and the third tract just south of Hwy 79 near Jewett. All three are situated near other tracts we leased to Surprise Valley Resources back in 2021.

I am abroad now so can’t give many details. But leases are now going for longer (5 versus 3 years) but per acre is good (between $600-850). Have a pro check over the leases!!

Personally, I’d never agree to a 5 year lease, especially if there’s pressure to agree to an auto renewal of terms 3 years in.

1 Like

From Suprise Valley: We can do a 3-year lease, but we would require the 2-year option so that we can plan accordingly. I can’t get to the 25%, but I can agree to 22.5% with a cost free royalty provision at $850/ac.

Huh? That’s what SV offered me for my rights. It’s what the topic is about.

1 Like

My apologies, I misread the message since it did not have quotes. Mea culpa.

1 Like

This forum prohibits solicitations of business.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.