Leon County Lease Offers in Eastern Leon Co

We have been hearing of a lot of lease offers and interest in the Northeastern area of Leon Co. This is just getting started!

Probably true. More than 200,000 acres now leased in Robertson, Freestone, and Leon Counties and more on the way. What surveys are included in your lease offers?

1 Like

The area’s are west of I-45 and north of Texas Hwy 7. As far as survey’s I don’t know at this time. I’ve heard this from land and mineral owners and also rumor’s from people. These area’s had 3-D done from what I remember in about 2010. This was a deep bossier play area from back in the early 1980’s. Anadarko was one of the major player’s along with Chesapeake. That was pre-Haynesville Shale and Eagle Ford times.

1 Like

The current leasing is for a Lower Bossier/Haynesville deep gas play initiated by Comstock. They refer to this area as their Western Haynesville operation. They’ve completed two excellent wells in Robertson County, plus they currently have permits for more wells in Robertson and Leon. Aethon also is active, having drilled one uncompleted well so far. Other leasing entities include Vanna Production, Horseshoe Energy, Thorp Petroleum, and Surprise Valley (they are known to be leasing for Comstock).

Here’s a map showing all the surveys in Freestone, Robertson, and Leon Counties that have leased acreage in them associated with this play:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.