Leon Co. Leasing Activity

I’ve been following posts relative to the subject and it appears that Surprise Valley, San Saba, and possibly others continue to lease in the area. Does anyone know if any leasing is being done in the FC Booker A-64, H Porter A-687, and J Hargiss A-413 Surveys?

Surprise Valley has written leases in the Booker and Porter Surveys, and has written leases in the surveys on the east and west side of the Hargiss Survey.

1 Like

Thanks Alan. Interesting that Surprise Valley hasn’t approached us about our mineral rights in those surveys. I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

This is typical of how most lease brokers conduct business. When you have multiple mineral owners in surveys or tracts they sometimes have trouble finding the heirs. There is nothing like “having boots on the ground” in oil and gas leasing. It’s harder to find out most of the time when the landmen are not even in the County and can’t talk with people.

Thanks Mineral_Owner5. Do you think I should contact Surprise Valley and let them know that my family has mineral estates in those surveys, in case we got overlooked? These minerals passed from our grandfather to our mother, then to me and my siblings. I have copies of the recorded deeds

1 Like

Brokers don’t like mineral owners calling the company they are leasing for. It shows the company that contracted with the broker the kind of sometimes sloppy work being done. It should not hurt you to do that. But you need to be able to identify your mineral interest when you call. Try to get an email address to send the Abstract and Survey names your minerals are located.

Does anyone have the contact details for the individual from Surprise Valley Resources handling leases in Leon County?

2 Likes

Hi Alan, thank you for all your help! I suppose this might not be the smartest question, but I can’t seem to get Google earth to show the Oil/gas wells. What am I missing?

Thank you for any help

1 Like

Google Earth doesn’t show oil/gas wells. I use Google Earth to create maps that show the surveys in which leasing has occurred. You identify the surveys by reviewing leases/lease memos filed in a county. Then you can use the Earthpoint website to map the survey into Google Earth:

https://www.earthpoint.us/TexasLandSurveySearchByDescription.aspx

You then create folders in Google Earth to group surveys by county and leasing company.

2 Likes

Kelly, You can use the RR Commission GIS Viewer to see the oil/gas wells on the map… https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/gisviewer/

2 Likes

Steve, Surprise Valley Resources is 713-554-3373 in the Houston, Texas area. Ask to talk with the Landman (department) that is in charge of leasing in Leon County, Texas.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.