Legal Stand

My question is eventually in Texas I owned five acres in ward counties the only right I have on my property is the surface only “Is it better to just sell the property to the company who leases the property than to receive only royalties from the company?”

Am just curious which the best course of action to take. Thank you.

Leon, surface owners are not entitled to any royalty payments - only mineral owners are (UNLESS you are on mineral classified land, then it's different because you split royalties 50/50 with the State of Texas). So, your revenue would have to come from surface use agreements, easements, etc.

Thank you on this useful information.