Legal rights to an oil well

I am trying to find a pooling list of an oil well in Roger Mills County, Oklahoma.

Can anyone help me with this?

I'll try. What is the location Section, Township, and Range, Well name, and approximate date?

The well name is Black #1-22HB Well, Sec. 22, Township 16 North, Range 26 W.I.M

Clifford E. Easden said:

The well name is Black #1-22HB Well, Sec. 22, Township 16 North, Range 26 W.I.M

Here is the pooling order for that area.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/Orders/03022C4F.pdf

Here is a subsequent one for the well that is being drilled now.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/Orders/occ5083606.pdf

Rick, thank you for the information it was what I wanted. I have another question if you will answer it.

Question: These two wells are part of a 320 acreage of which my wife has mineral rights to. Do you know how to tell how many section numbers are also in that same acreage.

Rick Howell said:

Clifford E. Easden said:

Rick, thank you for the information it was what I wanted. I have another question if you will answer it.

Question: These two wells are part of a 320 acreage of which my wife has mineral rights to. Do you know how to tell how many section numbers are also in that same acreage.

Rick Howell said:

I'm not sure I fully understand your question.

(based on a quick glance) Those two wells both cover the same 640 acre area. A section is 640 acres.

She could own part or all of a 320 acre description and it all be within the same section.

Or she could own a group of properties totaling 320 acres "part" of which fall under this unit.

Rick, once again thank you for the help. This is what I am trying to find.
My wife inherated mineral rights to a 320 acreage in Roger Mills County, Oklahoma. What I need to know is how many oil/gas wells are in this acreage and the section numbers of them.

Clifford E. Easden said:

Rick, once again thank you for the help. This is what I am trying to find.
My wife inherated mineral rights to a 320 acreage in Roger Mills County, Oklahoma. What I need to know is how many oil/gas wells are in this acreage and the section numbers of them.

That can be quite a chore for many reasons.

Your best start would be gathering all available family records and start a genealogy map going back 3-4 generations. It is possible all 320 reside in one section. Probates "should" list them out, but that is not usually the case. Even if they do, they are not always accurate. But quoting the 320 number you must have some info.

I would guess she is an owner of an undivided portion of the 320 acre tract I see in most of the leases in that section. And shares that ownership with several others. That is usually the case.

My wife is not an owner of any of the land in the 320 acre tract. She only inherited a share of the mineral rights. One well that she has mineral rights to was drilled sometime in the latter part of 2011 or early 2012 but we have been unable to find out the exact date although it seems likely that it was February 2012. It was producing oil and gas but it is uncertain if it is still producing. Having been put into operation by a company that sold it to Chesapeake who then sold it to Apache. None of these three companys will acknowledge that she has any rights to share in the royalties even though we have sent them legal documents that say she does. To date she has not received any money. We are now preparing a lawsuit but are having trouble finding which company to sue. The other oil well that is being drilled at this time has accepted the legal rights.

Again thanks for the help you have provided.

Clifford E. Easden said:

My wife is not an owner of any of the land in the 320 acre tract. She only inherited a share of the mineral rights. One well that she has mineral rights to was drilled sometime in the latter part of 2011 or early 2012 but we have been unable to find out the exact date although it seems likely that it was February 2012. It was producing oil and gas but it is uncertain if it is still producing. Having been put into operation by a company that sold it to Chesapeake who then sold it to Apache.
None of these three companys will acknowledge that she has any rights to share in the royalties even though we have sent them legal documents that say she does. To date she has not received any money. We are now preparing a lawsuit but are having trouble finding which company to sue.
The other oil well that is being drilled at this time has accepted the legal rights.

Again thanks for the help you have provided.

Let me send you in a different direction. If you say simply a) we own the interest or b) here are deeds into my wife that shows that she owns this interest, it will not be very persuasive.

The company had, in all likelihood, a title opinion prepared that does not show your wife in title. Therefore, they will likely believe their title opinion over your assertions. I would suggest hiring a landman to run title to verify that your wife really does own this interest. He/she may agree with you or may not. But, at least when you send the company the findings of a land professional, they should stop and pay attention. Further, if you file suit, you will need to prove your case. You will need a land professional to testify as to his/her findings.

Tim, thanks for the information.

Are you saying that

1) a legal will showing that my wife was left this inheritance.

2) a file on record at the County Courthouse shows that she is rightfully an owner of these mineral rights.

3) A judges decree stating she is rightfully an owner of these mineral rights.

maybe null and void as evidence of ownership?

tim dowd said:

Let me send you in a different direction. If you say simply a) we own the interest or b) here are deeds into my wife that shows that she owns this interest, it will not be very persuasive.

The company had, in all likelihood, a title opinion prepared that does not show your wife in title. Therefore, they will likely believe their title opinion over your assertions. I would suggest hiring a landman to run title to verify that your wife really does own this interest. He/she may agree with you or may not. But, at least when you send the company the findings of a land professional, they should stop and pay attention. Further, if you file suit, you will need to prove your case. You will need a land professional to testify as to his/her findings.

If you do a probate and it says that the decedent owns 40 acres for example, and it now goes to the heir, is not necessarily proof of title. The probate court doesn’t run title. The decree passes down whatever the decedent owned to the heir. If the decedent conveyed title prior to their death, but the probate decree shows the decedent owned the interest, the decree is incorrect.

I’m just saying they won’t necessarily take your word for it. ( and it appears I’m correct). One of the followers of this forum is a lady named Jennifer. I don’t know if she is following this discussion, but if she is, she’ll agree with me.

Thank you.