Legal “Legal Description”

Well: Myers A Gas Unit 671.908 acres of land, more or less, being all of that certain tract of land in the Jane Thorpe Survey A-665, the W.H Lacy Survey, A-404 and the B.W Anderson Survey, A-24, Panola County, Texas

Can someone tell me from this Legal description where the boundary is….

Please just go by this alone, as this is the only information I have got. I also did the research and wanted to know, as presented in a form of a mineral conveyance indicating MYER A UNIT GAS (no oil)

a valid legal description, at its essence and core, is a description that allows a person to locate a piece of land to the exclusion of all others.

Your description does not satisfy that criteria

1 Like

You can locate the surveys on the RRC and CAD websites and likely find a recorded declaration of pooling/unitization that contains a survey description of the unit. RRC well files should also have a copy of the survey plat.

1 Like

It depends on what is being conveyed to you. The description is the acreage within named unit. Presumably you are receiving either minerals within the unit acreage or a royalty interest in the unit, which may or may not be limited to only gas and to specified unit depths. You can only receive all or part of what grantor owns. Everything depends on the other language in the conveyance as that will affect what you receive. You need to have an oil and gas attorney review the conveyance in its entirety and you may need to research title to see what the grantor owns,

2 Likes

Myers A Unit Gas only, in the 1980 was a unit well when purchased by Crystal then units added to next Myers 2 etc hmmmm That is a huge area and could inflate the deed, so was i offered to buy all the description such as Lacy survey and Anderson survey and so on, or Myers unit gas only )note that UNIT refers to ONE NOT A SURVEY AND ONLY GAS NOT OIL)I think I need an attorney, if a pool should they indicate this in another form. I’ll seek legal lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.