Leasing/ Selling

Inherited mineral rights in Grady County. Interested in leasing or selling. 03-03N-06W 10-03N-06W and 21-04N-07W. Need advice.

Condolences on your loss. Before you lease or sell, you need to make sure that your probate documents are filed in all counties where you have mineral rights. Your name and address must also be filed. The you need to find if you have any production and notify the operators of the title change.

That being said, 3N-6W sections 3 & 10 are on the edge of a very deep gas zone in the Woodford. There is not likely to be much interest to lease there right now, but if gas prices go high enough, then maybe in the future. You will probably not get top dollar to sell either. Hope I am wrong.

21-4N-7W is not in a very prolific area either. You should contact Chaparral to see if there are any royaltes for you if you are in the NE4.

Ms. Barnes –

I just joined, and see you offer lots of helpful advice. Have you heard of any recent activity in the areas around Orange County? Also the West Alabama/East Mississippi coastal area? Thanks,

Wally Darneille

Welcome to the forum. Which Orange County? CA? Be specific with your Alabama and Mississippi Counties.

Replying to M Barnes Sorry, since since you are in bellaire I assumed you’d think of Orange County, Texas. We also have rights in Jefferson county, to. Our Mississippi interests are in George, Jackson, Pearl River, Rankin, Simpson, and stone counties, and in alabama they are in Mobile County. I’m trying to locate a land man in the Mobile Area.

it works better if you post your question in the state and county where you have minerals. Each one separately as folks who monitor those counties may be able to help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.