Leasing Mineral Rights - Hill County, TX

Hello!

I own mineral rights in the Hill County area, located near Lake Aquila. How can I find companies that would like to lease my Mineral Rights? I am interested in finding a company for this purpose.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help in this matter.,

Jennifer Drake

I also have mineral property in Hill County and our mineral lease has recently expired. The horizontal drilling that is currently being permitted are for lateral lengths of about a mile. The acreage that Operators are needing pooled or not need to be configured to accommodate these longer laterals. In your area EOG, Forest Oil, and Aspect Energy have been active a couple of years ago but not recently. Well permits in Hill County are almost at a standstill until more favorable gas pricing returns. Johnson County to our north is seeing more activity and that is a good sign.

Hi Mike- Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have a gas lease. So basically what you are saying is that they are drilling in lateral lengths for approx. a mile… Do you know if I should contact EOG or Forest oil or Aspect Energy? So gas prices usually lower a bit after summer… Johnson County to the North? I dont recall where that is sorry. So I wonder how much longer we have to wait? And is there a chart or some sort of guideline we can watch? Or Study? Besides the obvious, of watching the prices at the pump? I hope that we ae both lucky in the future. Thanks again. And please stay in touch. Also would you happen to have any of these numbers of thes companies? I couldnt find the number for Forest Oil… I appreciate any and all help. Jennifer Drake

Mike Igau said:

I also have mineral property in Hill County and our mineral lease has recently expired. The horizontal drilling that is currently being permitted are for lateral lengths of about a mile. The acreage that Operators are needing pooled or not need to be configured to accommodate these longer laterals. In your area EOG, Forest Oil, and Aspect Energy have been active a couple of years ago but not recently. Well permits in Hill County are almost at a standstill until more favorable gas pricing returns. Johnson County to our north is seeing more activity and that is a good sign.

Mike- I just found out the reason they another reason is that they arent drilling is that they feel that is too expensive to drill in the Hill County area… So please stay in touch and let me know what you have found out. Jennifer

jennifer drake said:

Hi Mike-
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have a gas lease.
So basically what you are saying is that they are drilling in lateral lengths for approx. a mile…
Do you know if I should contact EOG or Forest oil or Aspect Energy? So gas prices usually lower a bit after summer…
Johnson County to the North? I dont recall where that is sorry. So I wonder how much longer we have to wait? And is there a chart or some sort of guideline we can watch? Or Study? Besides the obvious, of watching the prices at the pump? I hope that we ae both lucky in the future.
Thanks again. And please stay in touch.
Also would you happen to have any of these numbers of thes companies? I couldnt find the number for Forest Oil…
I appreciate any and all help.
Jennifer Drake

Mike Igau said:

You indicate you have a gas lease currently. Have you contacted the Operator? It probably is questionable to contact Operator’s directly as this would put the mineral owner in a position of having less leverage to negotiate lease terms. However, I have done just that in certain circumstances. It did not work very well. My advice would be to be patient and allow the gas prices to improve and renewed interest returns in Hill County. We know we have viable commercial quantities of gas in place throughout most of the County. The production numbers are just not as favorable as they are in the “core” areas where most activity is taking place currently.

The Operator? You lost me there. I normally dont deal wit this aspect of this. It has been lately put on my plate to deal with. Fun… I certainly dont want to put myself in a position like this- which is less than optimumal. Is there a way to keep track of the production numbers? It would be nice to track this. Do I look on the stock exachge? What do you think is best, besides patience? Ha! Thanks again.

Mike Igau said:

You indicate you have a gas lease currently. Have you contacted the Operator? It probably is questionable to contact Operator’s directly as this would put the mineral owner in a position of having less leverage to negotiate lease terms. However, I have done just that in certain circumstances. It did not work very well. My advice would be to be patient and allow the gas prices to improve and renewed interest returns in Hill County. We know we have viable commercial quantities of gas in place throughout most of the County. The production numbers are just not as favorable as they are in the “core” areas where most activity is taking place currently.

Operator. If you currently have a mineral lease that has not expired, typically the Operator is the Company that will drill the well. This can be EOG, Quicksilver, XTO, etc. You indicated that you currently have a mineral lease. Many mineral leases have expired in Hill County. I understand drilling costs are a bit higher in Hill County that is one component that accounts for the lack of activity. I believe I saw where the break even point for drilling in Hill County, or Tier 1 areas, is about 5 bucks per mcf. If we get to 7 bucks per mcf then I think we will be back in business. That is if we see more stable pricing above the break even levels in the supply demand equation.

I am looking to lease my mineral rights, I am sorry if I wasnt clear. It has ben a long day already. Well, is there a way to monitor this or do we just wait and see?

Mike Igau said:

Operator. If you currently have a mineral lease that has not expired, typically the Operator is the Company that will drill the well. This can be EOG, Quicksilver, XTO, etc. You indicated that you currently have a mineral lease. Many mineral leases have expired in Hill County. I understand drilling costs are a bit higher in Hill County that is one component that accounts for the lack of activity. I believe I saw where the break even point for drilling in Hill County, or Tier 1 areas, is about 5 bucks per mcf. If we get to 7 bucks per mcf then I think we will be back in business. That is if we see more stable pricing above the break even levels in the supply demand equation.

How much acreage is involved? That is “net mineral acres” Also what survey is your mineral property located. We can check and see what activity has been in the area. Depending on the size of your property you may need to consider contacting your neighbors and see what there status is regarding leasing. It might be beneficial to work together to lease. Just a thought.

The mineral rights were left to me. I normally dont fool with this…although now is the time. Ok, all that I know as of now and will find the rest out early week is that it is located on Lake Aquila. close by. It is gas mineral rights. I can find out more and let you know next week, if this is ok?

Mike Igau said:

How much acreage is involved? That is “net mineral acres” Also what survey is your mineral property located. We can check and see what activity has been in the area. Depending on the size of your property you may need to consider contacting your neighbors and see what there status is regarding leasing. It might be beneficial to work together to lease. Just a thought.

Miked- I found out the acreage on the property, now i just need to know what to do with my mineral rights.

How much net mineral acres do you own? It is tough to shop minerals right now in Hill County. There really is only one player doing anything these days. Natural gas prices need to increase to get more activity. What I am doing is trying to locate neighbors to put together a package to allow for the longer laterals. That may take several hundred acres in a north/south configuration.

jennifer drake said:

Miked-
I found out the acreage on the property, now i just need to know what to do with my mineral rights.

i have 157.95 aces of mineral rights. I would like to know what the next step is. please give me a call at 254 669 0151 if you find out anything thank you for yopur help. sincerly, Jennifer drake