Leasing Jackson County, Oklahoma

Trying to learn to use this site! Please be patient with me.

Leases expiring in July, Eldorado area:

Sec. 3-T1S-R23W

Sec 1- T2S-R23W

Sec. 12-T2S-R24W

Know of companies leasing In the area and what they're offering or has interest in leasing just about died out?

Hello Jeanne,

Are your leases in Jackson County or Harmon County? The reason I ask this is I see the word Eldorado....

I can't answer your question about leasing at the present time but by looking at the drilling permits in the past GLB Exploration has been the major player in the area but not much going on at the present time.

GLB Exploration, Inc.

7716 Melrose Lane

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73127

405)787-0049

It wouldn't hurt to give them a call. And welcome to Mineral Rights Forum. We've got a lot of patience on this Forum. You're doing all right.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/jackson-county-ok-oil-gas/forum/topic/show?id=4401368%3ATopic%3A360090&xg_source=msg

Clint Liles

Clint, I heard awhile back that possibly access to the volume of water needed for the fracking process had become an issue because of the drought in that region.

Not sure of the validity.

Lee

Clint Liles said:

Hello Jeanne,

Are your leases in Jackson County or Harmon County? The reason I ask this is I see the word Eldorado....

I can't answer your question about leasing at the present time but by looking at the drilling permits in the past GLB Exploration has been the major player in the area but not much going on at the present time.

GLB Exploration, Inc.

7716 Melrose Lane

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73127

405)787-0049

It wouldn't hurt to give them a call. And welcome to Mineral Rights Forum. We've got a lot of patience on this Forum. You're doing all right.

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/jackson-county-ok-oil-gas/f...

Clint Liles

Lee,

That's a good possibility. We finally got some pond water in our stock ponds this month at Vernon. Some of the ponds had been dry since 2011. If it doesn't rain some more they will be dry again in 4 months or less. With the hot days of July and August on the way it won't last long.

Lee have you heard anything about the wells that were drilled in the Eldorado area back 4 or 5 years ago? I wonder if the production is staying profitable to pay out the wells?

Clint Liles

Eldorado is in Jackson County, Oklahoma (quite near Harmon County).

Thanks for your help. Jeanne

Jeanne's leases are in the far SW corner of Jackson County, just north of the river. I have minerals in 1S, 20W, which is due south of Olustee & west of Elmer.

Her minerals are in a much more productive zone I believe.

If you will notice, activity waned as the drought intensified. 3 years ago, a good friend of mine was one of the contracted drivers hauling water from the Round Timbers Ranch just across the river south of Altus in Texas on 183 to the Elk City area for fracking. Those wells were providing the water to the rural Creta Water system we were leased on with when we left the farm in 98. So my guess is, the people in Elk City were just willing to pay a higher rate for access to the wells.

The wells currently producing in the Eldorado area so far have been very good, but they have been localized to Jeanne's area. For whatever economic reason activity has slowed. When it resumes, I think will be calculated & targeted to specific properties. The people in the know would never have invested the capital required to run pipe lines up there from Texas if the were not "reasonably" sure this would be a long term production effort.

Lee

The wells currently producing in the Eldorado area so far have been very good

Lee,

That's good news. One of my Forum Friends had stated in the past 1 of his friends had one of the wells on his ranch in the Eldorado area and it started out at 700 plus barrels per day. So the water shortage could very well be the problem.

So now it's RAIN BABY RAIN SO WE CAN DRILL BABY DRILL

Thanks for the report Lee.

Clint Liles

This is all very good news. Thanks to all. Jeanne