Leasing in Huerfano County

Has anyone received any lease offers for Section 14, Township 27 S, Range 69 W in Huerfano County?

i just got notice from SWEPI LP about my property in Township 27 South, Range 68 West. I will be most interested for any info or comments as well. I am a practicing geologist/geotechnical engineer that worked in the oilfield site drilling locations for more than 10 years. i can't wait to see what they come up with now.....i wanted to leave my land bare and grow back the 6 foot high plains buffalo grass....anybody else there with me? not sure if they looking for CO2 or helium.....or natural gas.

SWEPI LP is offering me $75 bonus per nma, 15% royalty, 5 year with 5 year option. I wish I knew how this compares with other leases in the area.

Mitchell P. Yukon said:

i just got notice from SWEPI LP about my property in Township 27 South, Range 68 West. I will be most interested for any info or comments as well. I am a practicing geologist/geotechnical engineer that worked in the oilfield site drilling locations for more than 10 years. i can't wait to see what they come up with now.....i wanted to leave my land bare and grow back the 6 foot high plains buffalo grass....anybody else there with me? not sure if they looking for CO2 or helium.....or natural gas.

I would hold out for $100.

Jeanne Mowdy said:

SWEPI LP is offering me $75 bonus per nma, 15% royalty, 5 year with 5 year option. I wish I knew how this compares with other leases in the area.

Mitchell P. Yukon said:

I have not been contacted by SWEPI LP since February. So not sure if they are serious or not. Are they looking for natural gas, helium or what? anyone know? Mr. Dixon, thanks for the advice for holdoing out for $100 nma. whats nma? anyone seen current drilling ongoing there? Jeanne, keep in touch and let me know what develops, ok?

SWEPI LP has set up several offices in Walsenburge, they are looking for natural gas is what they told us? I have minerals on the Major ranch in your area.

I have been offered $100 leases in sect 14 township 27s Range 69w and 15%.

they are looking for oil. This is part of the Niobrara formation.

How many years term were you offered? Did it include an option?

Catherine Hope said:

I have been offered $100 leases in sect 14 township 27s Range 69w and 15%.

they are looking for oil. This is part of the Niobrara formation.