Leasing Going Wild in Fisher County

Leasing has exploded in Fisher County, primarily the SE quarter of the county. Was curious what others are hearing on offers, and if anyone is out there taking leases beside Magnus, Lainco, and Cholla.

’Received an offer to lease in Fisher County for **south 77 acres more or less of block number 44, league 323 A6 **. Terms are 100 nma lease bonus, 3/16ths royalty, 3 year lease with a two year extension offer, on their lease. Own approx. 5 nma. Any advice?‘

We countered with 1/4 royalty, $300 pnma, three year lease with no extension, and our addendum.

Sounds like a good counter for 5 acres.

I received same initial offer and felt it was a low ball offer. I was thinking same counter as you, maybe even $350/ac. Please update on their response

I’m at “N2 of section 46, blk 1 I have 39.0725 acres of the tract of 156.29

I welcome any advice

I received a call on Wednesday evening with an offer. We have 1/2 of the mineral rights on 136 acres and are located about 5 miles south of Roby. Our offer was $150 per acre bonus money, 3/16th Royalty, 3 year term, with a 2 year option for another $150 per acre. I was told that they were trying to put together a 3000-4000 acre block. We got $325.00 p/acre in 2012 but the price went way up after that but we had already leased. We too (heirs) feel that this is a lowball offer. I have spoken to a couple of people that live in the Roby area as none of us live close. Evidently some are jumping at the $150.00, which was originally offered at $100.00, but one distant relative is considering countering. He will be getting back to me. Any info that any of you can give on your negotiations would be appreciated.

Just curious Mr. Caldwell. With news today regarding oil prices plunging due to the current worldwide situation (I’m assuming), would this have a big impact on lease offer negotiations? You can read my reply to Rick5.

Let’s see how quickly it comes back, but a drop like that can suck a lot of confidence out of the market.

Good morning all, I am new to the Forum and was curious if anyone is still seeing any leasing activity or have any new updates? I have 200 acres approximately 8 miles SE of Sylvester near FM 1085/CR 160 on the Fisher/Jones county line, and our minerals haven’t been leased in over 15 years, nor have any production on our tract… but there are existing wells/pump jacks all around us.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.