Leasing contacts Lavaca CO

Have 86 ac with all mineral rights. Neighbors have Chesapeake leases due to be extended by options in early 2011. I wish to investigate possible leasing , but know of no contacts . It seems the summer activity has discontinued. Any one have landman names and phone numbers?

John: I have done this with not so good results. We had an Operator with leases around us and I contacted their land department after our existing lease had expired with another Company. I sent them the plat of the tract and all. They responded with an offer but with terms that were unacceptable given the low risk nature of the mineral property and having good seismic results. They were intentionally low balling us and they knew we had limited or no competition. We declined the low ball offer and hopefully gas prices will improve in the future and add more value to our mineral property. We are in a "dry gas" area and today Company's are opting for the oilier areas or those with condensate potential. The point here is that I believe it is best for the interested Parties or Operator's to come to you rather than going to them. You just don't have the leverage to get the best deal otherwise. It is a judgement call.

John,

email me at kgunter@gunterlandservices.com I may be able to help you out with this.

Kenny

Hey John -

Call J. M. "Chema" Soliz at 361-207-9901. Depending upon where your property is in Lavaca Co, he may be interested.

Feel free to tell him I gave you his number -

Charles Tooke

713-408-2850

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your informative reply. I have concluded that I am not in a good bargaining position like you concluded in your case. Well I don't feel in a rush since I missed the activity. I plan on sitting and watching what happens in the next couple of years and maybe I can get some of my neighbors to form a group and market a block after they reach the end of their option years. If the area around me is "fracking " shale as it seems to be per the maps I have researched, a producer will need well over 1500 ac to make his well be worth developing. Time will tell if this area is desired by producers. Thanks again.

Mike Igau said:

John: I have done this with not so good results. We had an Operator with leases around us and I contacted their land department after our existing lease had expired with another Company. I sent them the plat of the tract and all. They responded with an offer but with terms that were unacceptable given the low risk nature of the mineral property and having good seismic results. They were intentionally low balling us and they knew we had limited or no competition. We declined the low ball offer and hopefully gas prices will improve in the future and add more value to our mineral property. We are in a "dry gas" area and today Company's are opting for the oilier areas or those with condensate potential. The point here is that I believe it is best for the interested Parties or Operator's to come to you rather than going to them. You just don't have the leverage to get the best deal otherwise. It is a judgement call.