Leasing Activity in Burke County

Hi all, I have a lease that is now expired. Is there any recent activity that you know of in Burke County? Who is actively exploring and leasing? My mineral rights are in 163N 90W Section 6. Thank you

Hello Scott. Not a lot going on that far north right now. Petro Harvester has had the most success nearby and is still drilling some wells just to your south, but I suspect that might be who your lease was with.

Cornerstone Natural Resources is probably the most active nearby other than Petro Harvest. You can ping them about leasing your land in this link:

Scott, I have two small interests in Burke Cty Rennie Lake Field in Sections 21 and 29. Rockall/Petro Harvester just picked up a two year extension in the current lease for Sec. 29. They have advised they will do the same in Sec 21 when it comes due in a couple of months. However I’ve been leasing these properties since 1982, and there has never been any drilling activity. Dave

Hi Scott, I also have mineral rights in 161N, section 94 and 95. We’re in the Leaf Mountain area. We’re sort of close to you. As others have said, Petro Harvester is in that area, so is Oasis, and Continental. Our last family lease was with Continental which has expired now too. We’ve been contacted by Aqyre for the last few years who writes for Liberty Oil drilling, but we’re not going with them. They seem to not have their stuff in a group and not a great reputation. And they only want one of our sections, not both. In December/4quarter, you don’t usually see too much leasing, but it might pick up in the first quarter. I hadn’t heard of Cornerstone Natural Resources and will surely look them up too. Hope in 2020 we see more action in Burke County.

1 Like

Thank you. For some reason only saw your response now. Have you had any luck?