Leasing activity in Amite County

Has anyone received any lease offers in Amite County? If so could you provide the terms and lessee info?

i too am interested in hearing of lease activity and terms in amite county. i have heard of very little.

My cousins just leased back in August of this year, to KEW Drilling out of Houston, through a landman in Shreveport, LA. They got 350 and acre and a 1/5 royalty on a paid up three year lease with an option to lease for an additional two years. We're in Sec 3, Township 3 North, Range 4 which is right at Dixon Road and Pecan Orchard Road between the Old Meadeville Road and HWY 567 about 7 -8 miles north of Liberty. My belief is that they got taken, and the leases should be around $1,000 per or more around here in just a short while. I use to lease land for a while when Louisiana first discovered the Tuscaloosa Trend Oil Play back in the early 70's. I personally leased an old black man's one(1) acre for $2,000.00 and 1/4 royalty for one year. That was near or during the beginning of all that boom that took place over there if I remember correctly. Anybody remember the lines at the gas pumps back around that time? If you don't think America is still very dependent on foreign oil, just watch how the price of oil changes on just the slightest hint of trouble in the Middle East. It's amazing!!! I mean if the ruler of Iran sneezes we pay more for gas. It's amazing and ridiculous at the same time.

KEW Drilling just offered our family $300 an acre and 20% of the profits for 5 years we have mineral rights on 82.64 acres off the Perry Road just north of the Ariel Community and southeast of Gloster on the old Lundberg place (my great grandmother Shurley was a Lundberg)

IF YOU OWN AN INTEREST IN AMITE COUNTY, I WILL make you an offer to lease!