Leasing Activity in Amite County, MS

I received another letter from Chauvin Oil and Gas. This time, they are interested in leasing. Anybody else receive this, and, if so, have you contacted them/leased with them? As far as I know going rate is $300 acre/1/4 royalty/ 3 year lease???

You can probably do better than that. Contact me at rbraiwick@gmail.com.

In reference line put "Amite County"

My cousins next door, leased to KEW Drilling, in Houston, TX back in August of this year, through a landman in Shreveport. They got $350 and acre and I believe a 1/5 royalty on a 3year lease paid up front, with an option to lease for the following two years. I thought that meant they received a payment every year for the next three years at that rate, and the payment they got right away was just the first year. Instead the payment they got was for all three years. Our land is about 8 miles North of Liberty on the Pecan Orchard Road off of the Meadeville Hwy. Described as part of the Southwest 1/4 of Section 3, Township 3 North, Range 4 East.

We just received an offer for $300 an acre and 1/4 royalties on a 5 year lease from KEW Drilling. We own mineral rights on land off the Perry Road north of the Ariel Community southeast of Gloster. Is this good?

HOPE YOU LEASED BEFORE THE PRICES WENT DOWN.

Have they paid you for the 2 year "kicker"? If not I would be interesting in leasing this property.

You can reach me at jebmkm@Hotmail.com

I know of nothing going on up that far----am I wrong???

How long has it been since you received the offer to lease from Chauvin? I believe I have land quite close to your: T2N - R4E. At this point, I haven't gotten any information from Chauvin to lease. Several years ago I received an offer from Chauvin to buy my mineral rights, I refused.

Jan,

How long has it been since you received the leasing offer from Chauvin Oil & Gas? If recently, I'm very surprise that the offer is $300/acre bounce & 25% royalty for a three year lease! Do they know something that the other operators in the TMS don't know? That is a very good offer these days!

THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO----A TIME WHEN THEY WERE PAYING MORE----BUT NOT TODAY!!