Leases running out & Penn Virginia & Marathon in area

Anyone hearing details of new leases being offered along Hwy 95 & CR 373 and 1891 area in Weid, Witting, Shiner,Moulton Area current leases is with Weber Energy leases to run out soon March 2013. Surveys in area are Toby T. , M. Mitchell, Smothers,Kent, & W.A. Abercombia, survey areas to name a few. Penn Virginia & Marathon are drilling in this area too. There are a lot of pads being built nearby too. Seismic work was also being done thru Seitel & Dawson in this area as well. What lease offers are there & with who in this area???

Fojtik 1h, Rabb 1h, Berger 1h all in hwy 95/FM 340 (Wittig rd) area approx 2 mi east of 95 and in various stages of drilling, pre-drill, and pad site development stages. All are Penn Virginia units. My understanding is ALL were originally leased to Aubrey Oil & Gas, sold to Conoco Phillips , leased to Penn Virginia on % split between Conoco Phillips & Penn Virginia. Additionally with these units in process already current lease owners will not be re-leased however will receive royalty payments according to leases currently in effect. Don’t believe these listed pool units extend to areas you listed. Once pad site development begins within any pooled unit then lease owners are simply paid on production if a lease extends past the date of pad site initial development stage. Know of several lease owners whose leases do not expire till March 2013 and will receive royalty on production unless the lease renewal date is before pad site development in pooled unit. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this heads up info. We are land owners in M. Mitchell survey of Lavaca county. Good Luke to you as well!!

Good Luck!! My corrected what I said!!!

My phone is being bad today .

I am unleased in this area and was offered $1500 an acrea and 25% .

Did you release to Penn Virginia?

Mickie Byrd said:

I am also unleased and I'm in the N. Mixon Survey. Have been offered $1000 and 20%. Was it a land company or an oil company making the offer?

Mickie Byrd said:

Any latest new lease offers we r still unleased currently???

I believe that since penn bought out magnum hunter, that they have there hands full and are not seeking any new leases unless they really need them. Thats my guess.

Regularly check RRC. Website for new well permits, production reports, & well completions. Interesting to note that Penn Virginia recently permitting well additions to previous completed units. Seems that a recent problem with Pavilecek Unit has initiated additional review of planned additional drilling sites. This is JMO (just my opinion) Production reports have not been updated on several Penn Virginia units since March 2013? Douglas Rabb unit was flared more than three weeks ago , however no “Initial Production” report has been filed with RRC? In its 1st quarter 2013 report penn Virginia noted plans for multiple additional units planned for 2013?

My point is that Penn Virginia seems to have slowed their weekly permits that occurred for 2012 & jan-Feb 2013? I expect PVA ifs fully aware & in control of future drilling opportunities available in the Lavaca County portion of the Eagle Ford. The positive part of all this uninformed speculation on my part is that recent forward looking Eagle Ford indicates continuing success for unknown period of time. For myself this is just one of life’s lessons in patience. Good Luck & GOD BLESS TEXAS!

CMT,

We were just leased by Penn Virginia. We are in the N. Mixon survey. We had not been leased prior to this for at least 20 years.

Laura ; Where is the Nixon survey located? Approximate area? Direction from Moulton?

Laura Smothermon said:

CMT,

We were just leased by Penn Virginia. We are in the N. Mixon survey. We had not been leased prior to this for at least 20 years.

N. Mixon Survey is South of Moulton, South of W. A. Abercrombia and East of 95. Our property is of Dolezal Drive in Shiner. Hope this helps.

Miles said:

Laura ; Where is the Nixon survey located? Approximate area? Direction from Moulton?

Laura Smothermon said:

CMT,

Laura; thanks for your reply. Our property is 4.6 miles south of Mouton 2miles east of 95 on the T Toby survey off Wittig rd. We are next to the recently completed D Rabb unit & my spouse & I are part of the Joseph Simper Et al unit current being drilled. I was told by Penn Virginia in Houston that PVA is planning to drill 18 additional units in Lavaca County area known on maps as “volitile” area in 2013. The volitile area leased by PVA area has seen 18 units drilled since January 2013 according to RRC. You may be at least one of those 18 additional units still to be drilled in 2013?

Laura Smothermon said:

N. Mixon Survey is South of Moulton, South of W. A. Abercrombia and East of 95. Our property is of Dolezal Drive in Shiner. Hope this helps.

Miles said:

Laura Smothermon said:

CMT,

Miles,

Thank you so much for the information. I do know that Penn Virginia has been very diligent in working with us on our lease. Our lease has multiple heirs and has not been easy to handle but they have worked very fast to complete the deal. Also, were very fair in negotiations as well. I am happy to hear that they are planning on drilling 18 wells. Sure hoping we are part of that drilling program. Each day is like Christmas these days.....anticipation of what is in the box or in this case in the ground. If you come across any more information, please let me know. I live in CA and the rest of my family is spread out across TX and finding out anything about what is going on in the area is difficult. Again, thanks much.

Miles said:

Laura; thanks for your reply. Our property is 4.6 miles south of Mouton 2miles east of 95 on the T Toby survey off Wittig rd. We are next to the recently completed D Rabb unit & my spouse & I are part of the Joseph Simper Et al unit current being drilled. I was told by Penn Virginia in Houston that PVA is planning to drill 18 additional units in Lavaca County area known on maps as "volitile" area in 2013. The volitile area leased by PVA area has seen 18 units drilled since January 2013 according to RRC. You may be at least one of those 18 additional units still to be drilled in 2013?

Laura Smothermon said:

Miles said:

Laura Smothermon said:

CMT,