Leases in northern Colorado

I am looking for information on anyone making oil rights leases in Moffat County (T6N,R96W and T8N,R92W).

I have been contacted by one party with what seems like a very low offer and have been told by others that this land is too far north or too far west for their current area of interest.

I certainly would appreciate any email addresses if there is any activity in my location.

Who made the offer and what was their offer?

Mineral Joe said:

Who made the offer and what was their offer?

I will honor the company's privacy at least until any negotiation is complete.

However, the offer was $110, 15%, 5 yr.

I could run it by a few oil companies that I work with. Are you ok with this?

Yes, that sounds fine. The bonus we were offered (initially) is less than half what some owners in Moffat County are being quoted. I understand that location is everything but still need a second opinion. Meanwhile we are sitting this out.

Thank you for your assistance.

df

Bill Frothinger said:

I could run it by a few oil companies that I work with. Are you ok with this?

We are still watching for any indication that there is interest in our area. We assume that since one company was interested, the location isn't totally outside of any possible future production.

For now we are doing our best to stay informed about oil industry news in Colorado.

I am still sitting out and looking for information on leasing activity in NW Moffat County Co.

I'm in T6N, R96W and in T8N, R92W and found only limited limited interest so far.

I really am grateful for this forum, it makes a huge difference to have other people to discuss these things with.

I have been talking with some of the companies leasing and they have let some landmen go and are rapping things up in Moffat and Routt. I took a really low offer but it was too far North for anyone, I figure it’ll be up for lease again as the have too much to drill already in the better areas.

who can i lease mineral rights to of 630 acres in moffat county? There is shale on the land. ANyone know any companies? Thanks David Agee

DennisF said:

I am still sitting out and looking for information on leasing activity in NW Moffat County Co.

I'm in T6N, R96W and in T8N, R92W and found only limited limited interest so far.

I really am grateful for this forum, it makes a huge difference to have other people to discuss these things with.

david fancourt agee said:

DennisF said:

Did you find an oil company willing to lease the rights? we have 630 acres in Moffat County that contain shale but I don't know who to contact. There are also two producing gas wells on the property. Thanks. David

Yes, I leased with Core Land Resoureces, who was the agent of another company.

I'm not expert enough to swear that Core treated us fairly, but I think they were upright. I guess time will tell.

My holdings are outside of the "hot" areas and they leased at $175 per acre. The deciding factor was that they were willing to offer lease contract changes to address various concerns that I had.

I hear about the trouble other people have had with the various companies out there and I had none of that. The contract changes were made and the final figure agreed upon, and the check arrived promptly.

I dealt with:

Robb Cooper, 601-622-8838

r.cooper@corelandresources.com

DennisF said:

Did you find an oil company willing to lease the rights? we have 630 acres in Moffat County that contain shale but I don't know who to contact. There are also two producing gas wells on the property. Thanks. David

Dennis, Robb Cooper talked to me but he seemed unwilling to pay the current leaseholder, Kaiser-'Francis to "farm out" all areas unheld by production and he gave up. Our property is right next to yours I believe. If you google Agee Gulch, you will see it is in the same area. Willard Agee, my grandfather, homesteaded the land in 1916. Maybe I shall try Robb Again. Thanks, David

DennisF said:

Yes, I leased with Core Land Resoureces, who was the agent of another company.

I'm not expert enough to swear that Core treated us fairly, but I think they were upright. I guess time will tell.

My holdings are outside of the "hot" areas and they leased at $175 per acre. The deciding factor was that they were willing to offer lease contract changes to address various concerns that I had.

I hear about the trouble other people have had with the various companies out there and I had none of that. The contract changes were made and the final figure agreed upon, and the check arrived promptly.

I dealt with:

Robb Cooper, 601-622-8838

r.cooper@corelandresources.com

DennisF said:

DennisF said: