Leases in mountrail and burke county

Hello,

I have oil and gas leases in mountrail and burke counties. I have no clue as to what is going on with them.The leases are through Navigator Oil and Minerals and Hess Corporation. I don't even know how to reach them to let them know about an address change. Should I hire a lawyer to keep an eye on things? If so, does anyone have someone to recommend?

Thanks,

Tammy

Hi Tammy, I use to just send an address update to the county court house, I believe the register of deeds, where ever your mineralsare located is where they are recorded, but as of late, I too moved, haven't done it either, but I never recieve anything anyways, seems the oil companies could careless until they need something..hope this helps, Shayne

Tammy:

You do need to change your address with the County Clerks office as this is where the landmen do their research in regards to leasing. Where are your minerals located in Mountrail and Burke Counties (Township/Range/Section)? Mountrail has been an extremely acitve county and Burke is beginning to pick up action. You can go to the North Dakota Industrial Commission website; click on GIS then click on section; add your lease description and a map will appear showing the active wells in your immediate area. It's hard to believe that you have not been contacted for leasing purposes. I would definately have someone do some record research at these County Courthouses and make sure these minerals are properly filed.

charles s mallory said:

Tammy:

You do need to change your address with the County Clerks office as this is where the landmen do their research in regards to leasing. Where are your minerals located in Mountrail and Burke Counties (Township/Range/Section)? Mountrail has been an extremely acitve county and Burke is beginning to pick up action. You can go to the North Dakota Industrial Commission website; click on GIS then click on section; add your lease description and a map will appear showing the active wells in your immediate area. It's hard to believe that you have not been contacted for leasing purposes. I would definately have someone do some record research at these County Courthouses and make sure these minerals are properly filed.

Thanks so much for your response. The acres in Burke County are:

Township 161 North, Range 91 West of the 5th P.M.

Section 33: S/2SW/4, N/2SE/4, SW/4SE/4

The acres in Mountrail are:

Township 158 North, Range 94 West of the 5th P.M.

Section 36:SW1/4

I have tried to use the ND Industrial Commission GIS site, but it doesn't make so much sense to me. The acres are currently leasted to Hess and Navigational Oil and Minerals.

Thanks so much for your response. How can I contact you?

Greg Taft said:

As Mr. Mallory stated above the state website is great. One of the best state websites out there for Oil and Gas information. If you find a well that pools in your acreage you can contact the operator of that well (as it may not be one of those whom you leased to) and see if they show you on record as a royalty owner. You could have money held in suspense. The lease also could be expired and you could profit from a new lease....lots of things could be at play. I would echo Mr. Mallory's comments once again and say that it is always worth doing a title search to see what is and isn't going on. I have some contacts at Hess that you could talk to. According to terms of this site I am not allowed to post phone #'s etc, so if you send me a message I could help you out. I don't have any contacts at Navigator Oil.

Tammy:

Do a friend request on this forum.

Tammy Gallagher said:

Thanks so much for your response. How can I contact you?

Greg Taft said:

As Mr. Mallory stated above the state website is great. One of the best state websites out there for Oil and Gas information. If you find a well that pools in your acreage you can contact the operator of that well (as it may not be one of those whom you leased to) and see if they show you on record as a royalty owner. You could have money held in suspense. The lease also could be expired and you could profit from a new lease....lots of things could be at play. I would echo Mr. Mallory's comments once again and say that it is always worth doing a title search to see what is and isn't going on. I have some contacts at Hess that you could talk to. According to terms of this site I am not allowed to post phone #'s etc, so if you send me a message I could help you out. I don't have any contacts at Navigator Oil.

Tammy,

Did you lease your rights? What did you get for your lease? Did they drill?