Leases in GV sec 16 1N-1E

Continental Resources or CLR has approached the cousins with an offer of $1200 bonus, 3 year lease with 5 year option, and 3/16 royalty. The lease is not good, and we have not even mentioned our Exhibit A. Are there other companies leasing in Garvin that might be more mineral owner friendly than CLR? I have the ame question for Stephens Co. sec 32 2N-6W.

Thanks,

Rick

If it were me, I would not accept the 5 year option or the 3/16ths unless that was the only option. I never take an option. Too much can happen in the first three years and then you would be stuck for the extra five. I would ask about 1/5th and try to get a better lease with more protections than the standard CLR lease. They have filed quite a few leases at 1/5th. MK & P Energy is the only other agent who has posted leases in that section.

For 32-2N-6W - The only other agent in the area was David W Potts Land & Exploration Co in sec 36 mid 2019. CLR has the rest.

Good morning,

Thanks for the reply. Attending the Oklahoma NARO meetings, has taught me a lot about lease terms. Your advice is right on. I enjoy reading your responses and advice to mineral owners in the Mineral Forum. I have had a bit of contact with MK&P. I will get in touch with them as we get past the first of the year.

Thanks again,

Rick

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.