Leases In Eastern Fayette & Lavaca Counties

Also, Drilling Info is showing the Kainer 1H well’s January production as 23,726 bbls & 8,481 mcf. Hopefully this is helpful.

William, curious what you mean about that being a “generated map based off RRC filings”. Did you generate it or is there a place you can find that kind of information on other areas or operators. What kind of RRC filings would that be, not permits or unit plats, right?

Dusty, I am using DrillingInfo and some of their companies/subsidiaries… typically unless companies have investor presentations that show their acreage positions (which DrillingInfo then digitizes), DI will look at RRC filings and lease plats, etc. to try to generate the company’s position. So it isn’t 100% accurate but at least gives a solid idea of where their presence is. Also, they will look at leases on file in the county and digitize acreage positions based on that information as well.

But yes, they would look at lease plats, unit filings, etc. by the operator to help them generate the maps.

Again, great map William. I guess what it really brings home is just how much activity there is immediately north and south of Flatonia, and how little there is to the east.

Looking at the wells closer to our area from West to East along the same line of latitude it looks like they are watering out as they go easterly and deeper:

Kainer 949 bopd/830 bwpd 11034 tvd; Ohnheiser 297 bopd/1296 bwpd 11533 tvd; Salud (drilled by a 19-cents-per-share company): 185 bopd/1536 bwpd 11701 tvd

I guess there can be various reasons a shale well would produce more water, but most are not particularly good—unless it is flowback water—which I guess nobody would know, not even necessarily the producing company. Scientists seek more data on existing water in shale formations | Energy News Network

The water they pump to frac has ‘additives’ so somehow they analyze the water coming back out and extrapolate the percentages of frac water versus formation water. Apparently they can get pretty close using this method.

I don’t want to open up the can of worms about what’s being pumped down there, but to my surprise I was told one of the major additives is guar gum, which is one of the major ingredients of chewing gum.

On another issue, I drove all over God’s Green Earth last weekend looking for the surface location of Ohnheiser. Can anyone give me directions? Thanks.

Haven’t been there so I hope someone around there will pipe up if this is wrong.

• Going west on I-10 exit at FM 2238 but then stay on the service road going west about a mile to Freyburg-Engle Rd.
  • Turn right and go north on Freyburg-Engle about 2 mi. until it deadends into Farek-Loth Rd.
  • Turn left on Farek-Loth and go to next road called Olle Lane.
  • Turn right and go north on Olle Ln to the lease entry.

That last turn is a pure guess. If you don’t find an entry road to the Ohnheiser pad off Olle Lane maybe it’s directly off Farek-Loth a little further west but I’m doubting that since it would have required a half mile entry road plus some creek crossings.

Think this is where they say “Now those are your instructions and this message will self destroy in two minutes.”

There is some support for the idea that more water in the shale, although not a good thing in the short run, may allow a well to produce more in the long run. (At least that should be part of the party line in discussions with landmen when they revisit our area). https://www.rigzone.com/news/wire/eor_push_may_make_the_permian_even_bigger-08-apr-2019-158548-article//?all=HG2

So. Chevron bought Anadarko. Wish I could say that I owned 10,000 shares or so of APC because their stock is up $15.18 as I type this. Wish I could say that I owned ONE share. But so geht’s.

I wonder what effect if anything this will have on our little backwater? I was wondering about EOG but their market cap is $60B while Anadarko is ‘only’ $31B. So that would be a BIG deal there. GeoSouthern? Who knows with them. They’re pretty close-mouthed. Everybody else is a drop in the bucket.

We can hope for something positive, I guess.

I am truly amazed that LoneStar is going to actually drill a new well in Fayette county !!! And that the first 2 wells will be in the FIVE MILE CREEK units…

1 Like

rig is already standing and ready to start drilling

1 Like

Where is Five Mile Creek located Mr. M.L. ??

Just a little nw of Flatonia. this was a Sanchez unit…

1 Like

Great -that’s what I thought ! Drill, baby, drill !

Most of knew already, but KEW has engaged a marketing firm to market the Lavaca/Fayette acreage. They’ve been trying to sell it for the past 1.5 years, but this is the first time they’ve engaged a firm on the sale.

I’m not in a position right now to check the various websites, but if I’m remembering correctly aren’t those leases about to expire on their primary term?

Why would any potential buyer swoop in and pay for the leases AND THEN have to pay the option? I’d be surprised if there’s a stampede of potential buyers under those conditions.

Good luck to them though.

I’m just starting my second year of a 3/2.

Yes, a lot of the leases are expiring Q2 2020, so you make a good point. Could go in and start drilling, though. That’ll perpetuate the leases. Also, a purchaser could review the extension costs are fairly nominal (sub $1,000) if they like what they see.

Fellas,

I noticed from the Fayette County records that Matrix Revolution has recently filed quite a few leases in the area to the west of Freyburg, but north of Tri-C’s properties.

They had taken over the Kveton Brothers unit that Beland / BE USA had around the Swiss Alp hall, but I don’t think they ever drilled and it looks like they even filed a release on something in that area.

Anybody know their experience level in drilling the chalk and/or Eagle Ford?

Thanks.

A post was split to a new topic: Fayette and Lavaca County TX Oil Activity