Leased to Surprise Valley

Wondering if anyone could tell me if Thomas Collingham Survey, Abstract 160, and Eddy Sparks Survey, Abstract 782 in Leon County is a hot area? Do you know of any wells? I am getting offers so just wondering what’s going on. Any information would be helpful.

1 Like

Hi Sam, are you getting offers to purchase or offers to lease. Inquiring minds (mine) want to know.

Also, can you reveal some numbers? I own some Leon Co. Minerals, and have only had purchase offers, not lease offers.

Thanks.

Are you leased to Surprise Valley in those two surveys? If yes, then Surprise Valley has not recorded leases in those surveys yet. Thorp Petroleum has leased in both of those surveys. I think they were initially planning Lower Bossier wells themselves, but they have begun assigning their leases to Vanna Production/Sabana Royalty Partners. It remains to be seen if Vanna/Sabana will actually drill their own wells, or if they will eventually sell their positions to the two big players: Comstock and Aethon.

To answer your question, your acreage is in a prospective area, but it will probably be some time before they get to that area. Aethon has permitted wells only in Robertson County so far, but Comstock began permitting wells in Robertson and is now working its way to the northeast up Highway 79 in Leon County.

2 Likes

I leased to Surprise Valley about a year ago for 500.00 per net mineral acre. Now I am receiving phone calls to buy.

1 Like

Alan, Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.