Lease up in july

MY LEASE ON THE MINERALS IN POLK CO. TX ARE UP IN JULY. WHAT IF ANYTHING I SHOULD DO OR LOOK FOR. HOW SOON WILL I HEAR SOMETHING(IF ANYTHING) FROM THE COMPANY OF WHAT THEY WILL DO..........

THANKS.......................................

I am in the same situation with a lease in Jefferson County, Tx. We contacted the company the lead is with ( Samson Lone Star) and received some encouraging news. Maybe you should contact the land man or the oil/gas company.

THANKS DANIEL

CAN YOU INBOX ME I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS

THANKS

MARY

Mary:

Generally, if the area where your minerals are located is currently being developed, the mineral owner is contacted by the current lease holder in regards to an extension of the existing lease. In some cases, another operator will be interested in top leasing the area whereas their lease would go into effect after the current lease expires.

THANKS CHARLES

I GUESS IT IS JUST A WAITING GAME, I JUST WISH I COULD FIND OUT SOME NEWS. IT IS ONLY 4 MONTHS AWAY BUT SEEMS SO MUCH MORE. I LOOK ON THE RRC WEBSITE AND SEE MANY GOING UP IN POLK CO BUT NOT EXACTLY WHERE THE LAND IS LOCATED WHERE I HAVE MY MINERALS LEASED. THAT KINDA WORRIES ME. I HAD A 3 YR LEASE WITH 2 YR EXTENSION AND THE 2 YEAR IS UP IN JULY.

MARY

Mary:

You might want to be doing some homework in regards to finding out what companies are drilling in your area. I would advise, when or if the lease expires, to begin to market your minerals based on your findings. Your statement about a "waiting game" holds true for most of us mineral owners as you can't try and second guess these oil operators. I have got to the point after years dealing with the mineral leasing to believe you will be drilled on when a rig is on location and spudding has begun. Developing an area is sometimes a long and slow process so all you can hope for is "good" wells keep appearing in and around your area.