Lease Status help

In May of 2021 I signed an oil & gas lease with Pear Flat Land Services, LLC for acreage on Bernebe Elizondo Survey 130, Abstract 1836 in Duval County Texas. I have tried to contact the manager that we dealt with but have had no response. I did find that the LLC has expired as of 3/10/23 for Tax Forfeiture. Is there a way that I can find out about this lease?

The Railroad Commission’s current map of Abstract 1836 shows a bunch of old vertical wells but none that appear to still be producing.

It also isn’t showing any active drilling permits in that area.

Unless your lease was unusual, unless drilling starts before the primary lease term expires, or if an extension option was included in the lease, the lessee does whatever the lease required to exercise that option, then it would terminate at the end of the primary term of your lease.

Pear Flat Land Services, LLC could have been acquiring leases for another company. But the Duval County deed records show 20+ leases recorded in by Pear Flat, all in 2021, but they aren’t showing any assignments recorded in that name.

I can see both my brother and sister on the Duvall records but not mine. All three we completed and signed at the same time. Would this mean that I am not included?

Not sure what you are asking when you say “Would that mean I’m not included?” Included in what?

If you are saying you can see where your brother and sister’s leases were recorded in Duval County deed records but you can’t see where your lease got recorded, whether or not your lease got recorded wouldn’t make any difference. If what I told you was shown on RRC’s map is correct there hasn’t been any new activity in that section for many years, so your leases, whether they got recorded or not, would have terminated if they are beyond the primary term stated in the lease.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.