Lease request by landman in Colorado County

I was recently contacted by a landman named Chris Crane. He says and the lease (sent by Fenner Land Services) says Square Mile Energy is wanting a 3 year lease. Having inherited 10 acres of mineral rights in whats called the Walker Wilson survey. I’m currently going through all the past documents regarding this area and I feel I need the help of an attorney. I live many states away and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a competent attorney that works with mineral right owners, that’s familiar with the leasing procedure in the area of Colorado County.

Also was wondering if anyone has heard of R.E. Moore, Inc. I found a royalty deed from 1929, it says the rights were sold by R E Moore in Pecos County, the county emboss is Pecos County but it also has the State of Texas County of Tarrant in the upper left corner. This was sold to my great grandfather. It appears to cover quite a bit of acreage. I found the two counties mentioned on one document a bit confusing. Thank you,

Carl,

I suggest you contact Wade Caldwell. He is very knowledgeable about what's happening in the Eagle Ford Shale play and the Permian Basin area also. He helps a lot of folk also on this Forum. He is an experienced oil and gas attorney.

http://www.beclaw.com/core/Attorneys/GWadeCaldwell.asp

Clint Liles

Thank you, for your quick response, I appreciate it.