Lease Rates/Percentages

Does anyone have a rough idea of lease rates and percentages being paid at this time in the Brazos county area?

Depends where in the county - highly variable based on the geology and well results so far

Just signed two leases for $650/acre in Brazos Co. Royalties: 22.5%. Abstracts 28 and 61.

Shortly after signing, we got a verbal offer for $1200/acre. But, as I have discovered, many verbal offers fall through.

To lease land $800 & up with 25% royalty.

is anyone selling minerals in Brazos county? If so, how much have you been offered?

FWIW:

Bryan looks to benefit from boost in mineral drilling

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/article_bb2d01d5-2c2d-5e9c-be4f-05ed2f7441f9.html?mode=jqm

The council has authorized five mineral leases coming out of its executive session in recent meetings, but Register expects many more in the future. The council has to read the full legal description and then vote on the action at the beginning of its meetings, and the change will give the city manager the authority to execute leases that meet certain requirements without the council's vote.

The standard set is that the lessor must be an adjacent mineral interest owner or one who currently holds a lease of the oil, gas and mineral interests of an adjacent property, which Register said is intended to make sure it is used for drilling and not just as a lease.

The lease must also ensure the city will receive a bonus of at least $1,200 per net mineral acre and a minimum of 25 percent royalty. No surface drilling will be allowed, and the lease term cannot exceed three years.

With Halcon, the bonus has been running between $750 - $1200 depending on the location in the county {Northeast on the high side and Southwest on the low side}. As for Royalties, 20-25% and I always ask for Gross at the wellhead and will not except NET!!!

I really appreciate everyones reply. Thanks!