Lease Potential for Washita County, Oklahoma

We’re just getting into this activity with some mineral rights in Washita County, Oklahoma. What I have learned so far is location is key, our rights are located in Section 26 T11N R16W. From what I can see most of the wells that might be active are gas wells and the only well in this section is a “dry” well designated PA. Does anyone have any idea as to the potential for any type of mineral right lease for this area? Any information would be appreciated, Thank you.

I have some minor working interest production in Washita County. I just consented to a horizontal well in the Granite Wash.

Don't give up yet.

We’re in pretty much the same position as you are, we have this 80 acres which has been in our family for a very long time. We don’t want to sell but if there is an oppertunity to lease it we’re all for it. I have been told that there is a chance we might receive an offer so we’ll see what happens. Hope things work out for you.

Dan Baergen said:

I have twenty acres of mineral rights in Washita County which were leased until 06/05/2011. In 2010 I received an offer to purchase my mineral rights. I could not sell, and even if I could I would not have sold them as these rights have been in my family for quite some time. Since the lease has expired I am assuming that there is no interest at this time. I have further been advised that there is no demand for natural gas as there is a glut on the market. I wish I could be more helpful, but i don't have much information either. I'll just wait.

Thank you for your comments, we will see what happens. Hope things work out well for you.

Buddy Cotten said:

I have some minor working interest production in Washita County. I just consented to a horizontal well in the Granite Wash.

Don't give up yet.

Best,

Buddy Cotten

I have a friend who is actively leasing in your area. Just last week he acquired acreage in 27-11N-16W, right next to your acreage. Please let me know if you are interested in talking to him. My email is osumcnutt@yahoo.com. Jeff McNaughton

My comments were directed to Steve; however, if you would like my friend to contact you, send me you phone # and I'll have him give you a call.

So far, I have not seen him pick up any leases that far South.

Jeff McNaughton