Lease or Sell rate for S10-T2N-R1W and S14-T2N-R2W

Hi, my grandfather had some mineral rights when he passed about 40 acres in Section 10 T2N R1W and 12.5 acres in S14-T2N-R2W. Maybe a couple of other sections as well. What is the lease and/or sale rate for these sections? Also, how do I go about discovering if these sections are or have produced oil? Thank you in advance.

For those particular sections we will need a more specific legal description to check production. I know part of section 14 is still held by an old third deese unit, but not all of the section.

W1/2 SE1/4 and E1/2 NE1/4 SW1/4 and NW1/4 NE1/4 SW1/4 in section 10, Township 2 North, Range 1 West in Garvin Co. was deeded to my grandfather prior to his mother's passing. And the 12.5 net acres are NE1/4 NE1/4 NE1/4 and S1/2 NE1/4 NE1/4 and N1/2 SE1/4 NE1/4 and NW1/4 NE1/4 in Section 14, Township 2 North, Range 2 West in gar vin county was left to him when she passed. She also had the following when she passed without will and with my grandfather being her only child living (there are three children from her deceased son, my grandfather's brother). Those are S1/2 SW1/4 SE1/4 in Section 13 Township 2 North Range 2 West in Garvin co. and N1/2 NE1/4 SE1/4 in Section 18 Township 2 North Range 1 West in Garvin Co. We have had offers for leasing on Section 14. Thank you again.

Looks like Rimrock is the only company who has taken leases in Section 14 in the past couple of years. The NE/4 in not in the old NE Elmore unit, so that unit isn't holding your acreage. Mark Roberts took several leases in Section 10 a couple of years ago.

Get at least two offers before you take the plunge and there is probably no hurry. It is recommended that you get the book published by NARO to educate yourself further.

The first thing you should do is identify the drilling and spacing units covering your land, and whether there are any wells on those units.

Rimrock filed for horizontal spacing in CD No. 201707062 covering part of Section 14. Go to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website-OCC Imaging Web Application--OAP Orders and Case Files, and download the application and notice. Look for the names of your family/ancestors.

Thank you so much for the information! Will definitely do more research and digest everything before moving forward with any offers.

IS there a way to find out what happened to the other sections my great grandmother had when she passed? They were the S1/2 SW1/4 SE1/4 in Section 13 Township 2 North Range 2 West in Garvin co. and N1/2 NE1/4 SE1/4 in Section 18 Township 2 North Range 1 West in Garvin Co. She deeded section 10 to my grandfather prior to her passing and we only discovered he received the 12.5 net acres in section 14 T2N R2W recently when an offer from Rimrock was sent to me looking lease those from his heirs (which is my granny and my mom-both of which enlisted me to research). Not sure if it is a competitive offer or not for leasing. Thanks again!

Are you in Oklahoma, or close?

I am presently living in Juarez, Mexico (military). With 3 year old twins it makes it difficult to get there. My working background is research though, but I know not a lot is found online.

I have located the deed for the following sections and legals. Is there an easy way to determine how many acres consist in the legal? The specific amount of acres is not in the deed.

Section 13 Township 2 North Range 2 West in Garvin co. and N1/2 NE1/4 SE1/4 in Section 18 Township 2 North Range 1 West in Garvin Co.

Thank you!

It appears from her posts that Darla could do the work for you. If it were me, I would send her a friend request, and talk terms. Since she is in Pauls Valley (I think) her prices should be competitive. Although she says she has done some work for free, I think the honorable thing to do is pay for the work. You can agree to put a cap on the price if you are worried about getting over committed.

Thank you!