Lease Offers in Sec 4 & 5-08S-03E, Love Co?

Got lease offer 1/8 royalty from Trailhead. Too low for me. Any leasing offers in this area from someone other than Trailhead? They spudded well Outlaw 1-5H32X, but released the rig, and let the lease I had (higher royalty) with them expire. So they are going to pool at 1/8th royalty. What kind of offers in 8S-3E, Love County, OK?

Is there a way to find out who the non-operator working interest owners in The Ranger 1-5H8X17, API 3508521331? I would like to reach out to them to see if they would be interested in leasing?

Tom

Trailhead was leasing in 4 &5 at up to 1/4 royalty as late as Oct 21. They were leasing in sec 6 at 1/4 until April this year. Fortsun Energy filed a couple of leases in 4 at 3/16ths in November 2021.

The only company that has filed permits in the last year in that township has been Trailhead. They drilled The Ranger in section 5 with first production May 2022. Perfs are in 8 & 17. They had to re-pool Ranger and were offering 3/16ths back in May 2022. A new hearing for Section 4 was supposedwas on Oct 17, 2022. 3/16ths was offered. You only have 20 days in which to answer if you were on the respondents list. You can find the documents on the new Electronic Case Filing website. Use 2022-003853 as the case number.

https://public.occ.ok.gov/WebLink/CustomSearch.aspx?SearchName=CaseDocumentSearch&dbid=0&repo=OCC&cr=1

M_Barnes,

Very nice summary. Appreciate it! Love the link. FYI, for October 17th pooling hearing, I had filed a protest thinking the highest royalty would be 1/8th (that was their highest offer). On day of hearing, the Trailhead attorney persuaded me to let him dismiss me from the pooling, so I will have time to either negotiate (landman told me they would not lease at higher than 1/8 royalty) or find someone to lease at better royalty terms. Therefore, I’m not on the list for pooling. Good to know Trailhead is offering 3/16 in pooling. That is one option for me to consider going back to Trailhead landman for that instead of 1/8th royalty.

To get better terms is why I was asking earlier about how to find other non-op working interest owners to see if they would be interested in leasing.

Thank you for your note.

Tom Hampton

Just realized one answer to my question on finding non-op working interest (to find another company to lease to at better terms). Go to https://okcountyrecords.com/search/love - search by O&G Mineral Deeds, section-township-range and find Grantors and Grantees. Look for Grantees (companies that lease properties) - look up their addresses/contact info, reach out to them to see if interested in leasing (in same/similar area) from me at better terms. They may not be non-op working interest, but be a front for Trailhead, but at least if they offer better terms, they probably aren’t from Trailhead.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.