Lease offers in Frio county

We currently have a lease offer from Valor Oil for $1,750 an acre. Does anyone else have any news in this county. We are in Divit area.

I am 25 miles NNE of where you are - with Pearsall (12 miles from us as the crow flies) being almost halfway between our ranches (We are south of the road between Moore and Bigfoot). We got an offer today for $250/ac - 3 yr and 22% royalty. We believe it to be low (as are most first offers). Virtex which has production on part of the ranch is making the offer through a landman. The landman tells me he has leased the ranch to our east. I need to find out what it went for. Northern Frio county is just now being worked on. Maps show us over the Eagle Ford shale - which is some 4,000 ft depth.

Many variables in these transactions. Hope this is helpful to all.

Be careful w Valor. I have heard they play games.... they told me I was over a fault, they were not interested. Next thing you know they made me a low ball offer.

SE Frio County.

George, I have some minerals about 6 miles north east of Pearsall, and have not been contacted on that acreage as of yet.

I also have leased my minerals in south east Frio County, and had a deal to tie both properties together, but that fell through. If I get a bite from anyone, I will let you know. The activity is slowly moving north. Also, Valor is expected to close a deal with Marathon on their Frio County acreage the end of this month. If you look at the Marathon map presented with their Hilcorp deal, the Frio County acreage is generally all Valor. Not sure who will operate, but Valor is a new, small company, and you know Marathon.
George Harcourt said:

I am 25 miles NNE of where you are - with Pearsall (12 miles from us as the crow flies) being almost halfway between our ranches (We are south of the road between Moore and Bigfoot). We got an offer today for $250/ac - 3 yr and 22% royalty. We believe it to be low (as are most first offers). Virtex which has production on part of the ranch is making the offer through a landman. The landman tells me he has leased the ranch to our east. I need to find out what it went for. Northern Frio county is just now being worked on. Maps show us over the Eagle Ford shale - which is some 4,000 ft depth.

Jim,

I own property just across Keystone Rd. from you. We have not met, but we should. I know of you through a mutual friend.....Mike P.

Regards,

Ken

Jimmy Whitley said:

Ken Allen said:

Jim,

I own property just across Keystone Rd. from you. We have not met, but we should. I know of you through a mutual friend.....Mike P.

Regards,

Ken

Ken, I am trying to place where you are. Do you have part of the Stacey place?

Yes sir, we have a section of land that is just east of JM Rankin (Doris Stacey)-now Bubba Rigg's. It is high fenced, with 1.25 miles frontage on Keystone Rd. We are south and west of Clifton Stacey's. I own this property jointly with Scott Palmer and we call the place the Palmer-Allen Ranch.

We have not leased our property at his time.

Received a letter this week from Sage Environmental, asking if they could test our water wells and stock tanks as a baseline. Said they are working for Marathon Oil and will be drilling a new well within a mile of our property.

Have you received the same letter from Sage? I do not see a good reason to let them test our water wells.....I think I will withhold my permission.

Mike P told me he is being asked to allow some seisemic on his property. Have you been approached about this?

My contact information is on my profile with this forum.

Regards,

Ken

Jimmy Whitley said:

I think I would let them test your well, but make sure you get the results. That way if they frack that well, and contaminate your water, you will know who did it; or at least have something to go by?

Ken Allen said:

Yes sir, we have a section of land that is just east of JM Rankin (Doris Stacey)-now Bubba Rigg's. It is high fenced, with 1.25 miles frontage on Keystone Rd. We are south and west of Clifton Stacey's. I own this property jointly with Scott Palmer and we call the place the Palmer-Allen Ranch.

We have not leased our property at his time.

Received a letter this week from Sage Environmental, asking if they could test our water wells and stock tanks as a baseline. Said they are working for Marathon Oil and will be drilling a new well within a mile of our property.

Have you received the same letter from Sage? I do not see a good reason to let them test our water wells.....I think I will withhold my permission.

Mike P told me he is being asked to allow some seisemic on his property. Have you been approached about this?

My contact information is on my profile with this forum.

Regards,

Ken

Jimmy Whitley said:

Jim,

Where did you see this map with Valor and Marathon? How do you know they are going to close a deal with Marathon by the end of the month? That's why they are pressuring us to get this done. The reason for me asking is that I'm in talks with Valor right now and they keep telling me they are going to drill it. They do play games, but they also close deals too. They just closed 1000+/- acres of a friend of mine. I'm talking to them now about mine and I don't like the way they work. I figured that's what they were going to do with it and I can't for the life of me understand why they won't come out and say it? LOL. I would rather it go to Marathon than Valor. We are over on the s/w side of Frio County.

Jimmy Whitley said:

George, I have some minerals about 6 miles north east of Pearsall, and have not been contacted on that acreage as of yet.

I also have leased my minerals in south east Frio County, and had a deal to tie both properties together, but that fell through. If I get a bite from anyone, I will let you know. The activity is slowly moving north. Also, Valor is expected to close a deal with Marathon on their Frio County acreage the end of this month. If you look at the Marathon map presented with their Hilcorp deal, the Frio County acreage is generally all Valor. Not sure who will operate, but Valor is a new, small company, and you know Marathon.
George Harcourt said:

http://www.eaglefordshale.com/companies/marathon-oil/

The yellow acreage in the south central part of Frio County includes my ranch and most of my neighbors who were not leased to Goodrich, Blackbrush, Cheasapeake, El Paso, or Cabot.

One of the seismic groups told me the other day this is the deadline. But they have passed earlier deadlines with Marathon. I have known Marathon was being shown this deal since March. Probably a joint venture. There is a very good possibility Valor will retain operating rights, as that has been their intent. Valor has put together very knowledgeable people in the company. I believe Valor was having difficulty raising funds for acquiring all of this acreage and Marathon was wanting Eagle Ford acreage.
I knew some of the Valor people before they formed the company.
jake miser said:

Jim,

Where did you see this map with Valor and Marathon? How do you know they are going to close a deal with Marathon by the end of the month? That's why they are pressuring us to get this done. The reason for me asking is that I'm in talks with Valor right now and they keep telling me they are going to drill it. They do play games, but they also close deals too. They just closed 1000+/- acres of a friend of mine. I'm talking to them now about mine and I don't like the way they work. I figured that's what they were going to do with it and I can't for the life of me understand why they won't come out and say it? LOL. I would rather it go to Marathon than Valor. We are over on the s/w side of Frio County.

Jimmy Whitley said:

George Harcourt said:

Jake, I have some updated news I wanted to share. please email me. Tks

Hello Jimmy -

If you have not seen the Stewart well 24 Hour IP stats in your area, here you go.

1536 bbls/24 hours

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/ogmappcontents/cmplcontents/prod/cmplDatFilesDir/cmpl_RptForm_cmplusr_1316214128203.pdf

Jimmy Whitley said:

George Harcourt said:

I assume this is one of the Ricochet wells just east of Pearsall? Do you have a site I can see this on.

Could be very good information. Thanks

Farrah G. Shepherd said:

Hello Jimmy -

If you have not seen the Stewart well 24 Hour IP stats in your area, here you go.

1536 bbls/24 hours

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/ogmappcontents/cmplcontents/pro...

Jimmy Whitley said:

George Harcourt said:

Jimmy

Try this link. I have been researching the W-2 Reports in FRIO COUNTY registered for the last 2 years trying to get a feel of what the 24 hour IP test results are yielding. This is (or are) the Riccochet Wells by my reads.

It seems these W-2's spark a frenzy for the signing bonus by my reads. I hope this helps and best of luck !!!

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/publicSearchAction.do?packetSum...=
Jimmy Whitley said:

I assume this is one of the Ricochet wells just east of Pearsall? Do you have a site I can see this on.

Farrah G. Shepherd said:

Hello Jimmy -

1536 bbls/24 hours

Jimmy Whitley said:

George Harcourt said:

Jimmy -

Check out this well rated at over 1,000 barrels per day. This is the Kincaid Well API 163-33417

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/CMPL/publicSearchAction.do?packetSummaryId=5935&formData.methodHndlr.inputValue=loadPacket&formData.hrefValue=%7C1003%3Dhome%7C1005%3Dhome%7C1007%3D0&searchArgs.paramValue=%257C2%253D01%257C11%253D163&pager.paramValue=%7C1%3D2%7C2%3D10%7C3%3D62%7C4%3D10%7C5%3D7%7C6%3D10&pager.offset=&publicUser=

Jimmy Whitley said:

Farrah G. Shepherd said:

Hello Jimmy -

1536 bbls/24 hours

Jimmy Whitley said:

George Harcourt said:

George - Thank you.

You are a gentleman and an esquire.

Respectfully

I am closing on a lease tomorrow for some clients of mine at $2300 per acre, 1/4 royalty, and 3 year term. Property is right near Dilley.

Ben

Have you heard of any leasing activity to the east of Moore and to the west of Bigfoot? For a while it seemed as though interest was moving a bit north - and then nothing is now happening.

Geo