Lease offer

Hi - we've received a lease offer from Herco out of Billings. 28N/56E. Offer is only $100 lease bonus per acre and 16% royalties - 3 yr with additional 2 yr option @ $200/acre. Anyone else heard from Herco? How does the offer sound?

Not a good offer at all. I would request an AFE and get your cost to participate in well. Otherwise, if they are just leasing to tie up the property, I would not entertain that offer at all.

Are you familiar with the Mt DNRC Webmapper? It may not give you the answer to your question but it may provide some very good datum points, activity, production in a five mile radius of your acreage.

Other than that I would lean towards agreeing with Pam, exception possibly if the 16% is with absolutely no deductions other than taxes.

Depends on where it is at and active wells around it! We just leased for $1500 and 20%.

Sheralyn:

Take the advice from above replies, bad offer. Looking at the GIS map, Statoil Oil and Gas has two Bakken wells in Sections 8 & 17 and Sections 25 & 36. One was drillled in 5/10 and is a decent well since the decline curve on production and the other drilled in 2/13 which remains a good producing well. I am not familiar with Herco and would guess that this is more of an investor operation trying to secure minerals for future profit. If I leased to them, I would add a "pugh clause" excluding the Bakken formation. Another great source of info for you is to contact Gary Hutchinson at 303-279-4113. He is extremely familiar with the area and could advise likewise.

Sheralyn:

Just yesterday (6/3), Oasis leased an entire section (28N;58E;Section 10) for $1500/acre. This area is somewhat close to your area so this may shed further light in regards to your question.

Thanks for your info, Charles. I really appreciate it!

charles s mallory said:

Sheralyn:

Just yesterday (6/3), Oasis leased an entire section (28N;58E;Section 10) for $1500/acre. This area is somewhat close to your area so this may shed further light in regards to your question.

Thanks for your reply. May I ask where your rights are located?

Dctex99 said:

Depends on where it is at and active wells around it! We just leased for $1500 and 20%.