Lease Offer- Tinsley Field, Yazoo Cty, MS

Has anyone had dealings with Landman- John W. Coalter out of Brandon, MS? We have just rec'd a lease offer on behalf of Denbury Onshore, LLC on a Tinsley Field Unit in Yazoo County, MS Location of the field is Township 9 North, Range 3 West & Township 10 North, Range 3 West. The field is a total of 411 Acres of which we are an unleased mineral owner of 0.4068 acres.

Can anyone tell me anything about John Coalter? Any advise about signing this lease?

Hi, Fred -

Over the course of about the past 3-1/2 years I helped a family that contacted me through The Forum recover something in the neighborhood of $150,000.00 in royalties that were in suspense with Denbury in the Tinsley Field. As part of those efforts, I communicated with Mr. Coalter on a number of occasions and found him to be quite professional.

If you will see the attached, the Tinsley Field is actually a number of Secondary Recovery Fieldwide Units, several injecting water and I believe the largest injecting CO2, pushing the oil towards the center of the Units.

Together, they cover all or parts of 21 Sections or Square Miles. So, while your 0.04068 acre might be in a 411 acre tract, but the lands may all be included in the various combined Tinsley Fieldwide Units.

As of about a year ago, the Tinsley field currently includes 241 Wells (some producing, others for injection). It is the 73rd largest (most productive) oil fields in the country, producing a little over 1.7 million barrels of oil per year as of 2009.

Whatever terms John has offered you will be generous. I advise you to sign the lease (before a Notary, of course) and send it back to him. If he has not already sent you one, you will then receive a Royalty Division Order. Once that is returned, Denbury will begin sending you royalty checks.

Be forewarned, however, that your first check might be a nice sized one if they have any monies in suspense waiting for you, but with your only owning 0.4068 acres out of what could be up to 13,440 acres included in the various Units your monthly or twice yearly checks will not be for much.

Please give John my regards.

Hope this helps -

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

782-01.DIMAP2TINSLEYFIELD12640LGR.pdf (63.8 KB) 783-02.DENBURYONSHORELLCWELLSYAZOOCOMSMOGBTABLE.pdf (201 KB) 784-03.top100fields2009.pdf (1.89 MB)