Lease offer Shelby County Texas

Oil, Gas & Mineral Lease SN Hall, A-316; AJ Giffis, A-258 JM Hughes A-963: Nicholas Edgar, A-190 424.4 Gross Acres / 35.36666 Net Acres Angelle & Donohue Oil & Gas

Offering $600 per net mineral acre paid up bonus 3 year primary; 3 year extension option @ $600 per net mineral acre
1/5 royalty> Help?

I have no experience with this & looking for input/help. I starting looking into it and my grandparents had at least 20 other leases they signed They do not appear in production. Just found out about those.

I am not familiar with the bonus amounts in that area, but I would never go for a three year extension. Also, if you are new, it would be wise to get a good oil and gas attorney to look over any draft lease as they are rarely in the mineral owner’s favor.

Welcome to the forum. The directories tab above has several qualified TX attorneys.

1 Like

Offers I’ve seen are $500 for 1/5 cost free royalty or $650 1/5 RI. You can ask for higher royalty or bonus, but you do need to make sure your lease actually does what you negotiate . Do you own surface? if so, any limitations you want on surface use? If cost-free royalty is negotiated, you need a gross proceeds clause. And so on. Remember the landman is not being paid to represent you, so seek your own legal counsel.

Thank you J Walker. Additionally, I have found a lot of other mineral leases my father and grandfather/grandmother had in Shelby County. They are all deceased and I’m looking for help evaluating them. Can I email them to you for review/consideration?

I can probably look them up online on the county clerks website if you will give me your grandparent ‘a names as given on the leases , and the range of years leased ( 1930 to 1980 ) for example.

Dr Edgar Hands, :Lucille P Hands, Edward B Hands starting 1930’s through today. Last one I saw was 2008 but possible their are others.

PUGH is a family name as well. I found an old Pugh Trust but don’t know what happened with that. Thank you!

A useful website is www.texasfile.com. You can look up many counties that have been digitized.

1 Like

Excellent. I’m using it now. Ernest Richard Hands is also in the records. That is my deceased uncle.

You can also :
look up producing wells assessed under these names . The tax office website link will link you to Shelby TAX - Property Search. Start with tax year 2009 for more history.

AND

view wells by going to the Texas Railroad Commission GIS query and looking up by abstract number.

Im currently in the same situation. Im being offered.

$400 SIGN BONUS 1/5 ROYALTY COST FREE 3YR TERM/ 2YR OPT.

I wondering if this is a good deal. Now I have an very small claim (.74) to be exact. This is an family inheritance totaling 150 acers. Is it worthwhile to have an attorney look at the draft?

Can some one explain to what A.M. English survey A-185 Shelby,TX is as well

Shelby County A-185/A.M. English Survey…numerous horizontal Haynesville shale wells in the surrounding area…the major operators/producers in the area are Shelby Boswell Operator LLC, Legacy Reserves, Aethon Energy and Northlake Resources

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Okay thanks for the map. It doesn’t seem like there’s too much going on near my claim. What do you think about that offer. Clint

Ocotillo Land Resources LLC is the broker that sent me the offer

I would guess that Ocotillo is a broker that is going to lease your minerals and then flip them to one of the operator/producers that I named…the $400 bonus money sounds alright but up the royalty percentage to 1/4th/25%…by all means try to get the 25%…the royalty is where the money is…hopefully it will work to your favor but since you don’t have a large amount of acreage you don’t have much if any bargaining power.

After checking further I find that Ocotillo have been in business for 1 1/2 years and they are definitely not a producer/operator.

Capture

Ocotillo has been leasing on behalf of Eagle O&G in this area.

I asked for 25% they will not move on it, I’m on the fence about getting a lawyer since my claim us so small, not sure if it will be worthwhile.

I agree on not being worth hiring an attorney. Clint

Thanks again Clint. I looked up this Eagle O&G, it seems like they are just acquiring leases and just sitting on them. On they web site it sites that they have 150 wells ans 1000+ leases in the East Texas region. I feel like they will sit on my lease and exercise the two year option and eventually sale my lease later on down the road.

1 Like

Hey Clint is there i can find out what royalty percentage folks are being offer in the area?