Lease Offer in Young County, TX

I have recently been offered a lease on my mineral rights in young county. Just wondering if anyone in that area knows about how much a acre is normal for the signing bonus? They are offering 100 acre i have 20 acres and know they are wanting to do another tract that will be a seperate lease . I have inherited this from my family and really new to all of this.

Brandy:

Could you be more specific about the location of your minerals (State/Township/Range).

Young County is in texas. 120 acre tract i own 20 acre mineral rights out of this .

Generally, Young County is not a “stockpile/resource” lease arena; rather, a “lease-it-drill-it”. $100/ac. bonus is not out of reason, more important is the integrity of your lessee/operator, your royalty% , receipt of well/production informantion and brevity of term to your lease. I’m a Young County native, past resident landman there and have a son in business there.

Thank you so much. Royality interest is 1/5th and two year lease.

That’s good, go for it!

I signed on that lease!! Waiting for the other lease paperwork to sign on another one. Thank you for your help

FYI, since you’re new to this, what you might anticipate in future royalty if/when a well is drilled: 1/6th (20 acres) ownership in 120 acres = 1/6 x 1/5th royalty = 3.333% of production = 40 Bbls/day x $100/bbl x 30 days/month x 3.33% = $4,000/month!

Brandy Keathley Grant said:

I signed on that lease!! Waiting for the other lease paperwork to sign on another one. Thank you for your help