Lease Offer in Yoakum Coungy

I am being offered a lease in Yoakum County, Section 560, Block D, J. H. Gibson Survey, A-1467. I am being offered $150/NMA (I have only 10) and 1/5 royalty. I signed a lease with the same people in 2015 for $500/NMA and 1/4 royalty and they never drilled. I also have surrounding acreage in other sections but I guess they want only this. I know there is no current activity nearby but does this seem right in this environment to have a lower offer than 2015?! Thanks, Joy

I had a similar lease back in 2015 in a section in the NW corner of the county. Similar surrounding context. Historically, we have gone 20-30 years between leases in the past… just at the point when I had pretty much forgotten about it this great lease popped in 2015. Glad to hear that there is some interest in the lesser explored sections of Yoakum! I haven’t seen any interest in my 120 nma since about 2018; the landman-agent I used to sell a few in the past can’t even be bothered to return calls/emails so I concluded that market was pretty dead and that my section wasn’t worth his trouble at this point (yes, rather surprisingly rude and hopefully, short-sighted!). You could try negotiating up as well as dig around and see if you can find a competing offer… or take it. You did not mention the term or if there are options attached to the offer… important considerations as well.

Thanks for the information. I haven’t followed up yet regarding the lease terms–thought I would start here first. My last lease with them was a 3-year lease with no option to extend. You are on point–my next step is to see if there might be other offers or negotiation. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.