Lease Offer in 21-11N-12W

Received offer of $750 and 3/16

Bistro Energy did a lot of leasing in sections 7, 12 and 18 in late 2021. 3/16ths was the common filings. Mako Resources did a few in Sec 7 for 1/5th. Never hurts to ask for a fifth. The clauses are more important than the bonus money. I strongly suggest that you have an oil and gas attorney review any draft lease. Most draft leases are highly in the operator’s favor and not the mineral owner’s, so need some editing and some negotiation. Leases can hold your family for decades, so a bit of wisdom at the front end can pay off greatly over time.

Lynx Oklahoma Operating just pooled in section 20 for $300 and 3/16ths, so your offer is higher.

The offer also has 3 + 2 provision and includes pugh and depth clauses. A neighbor said they also offered him 1/5 at $500. I would add no deducts clause and make it $750 1/5 3yr. I would like to discuss this with you if there is a way to PM with you. I looked on the site and did not see that.

No post production charges is the big concern to watch out for.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.