Lease offer from Antero

Hello everyone, I just today received a lease offer from Antero for the Green District of Wetzel County, The good news is the genealogy documents show my estranged sister is still alive :slight_smile: but don’t know much more about the lease. I have done some reading here and found some good information. however, I need help figuring it out.

First, I live on the left coast in Cali so should I be trying to find an oil & gas attorney in Wetzel?

Second, My percentage of the acreage is small Gross acres 76.242 Net 0.01519, is it worth the cost to contact an attorney?

Third, Can I add an addendum to the lease removing the costs from the lessor’s percentage?

Fourth, Do I have to abide by the response time on the offer letter or can that be extended?

Thank you in advance for any and all help, believe me when I say it is GREATLY appreciated

CM2RAS,

I received a similar offer from Antero on a 76.242 Gross acre tract in Green that I didn’t even know I had an interest in. They offered $250 & 14% to lease or $500 to sell on .0054 Net acres. Read the lease and saw it was for 15 Net acres and that the parcel numbers were completely different from the offer letter. Contacted the landsman and he said that it was a data migration error and hat he would send a corrected offer letter to match the lease. You might want to check your paperwork too.

Thank you for sharing. I really appreciate any help I can get.

I recieved an offer from a broker of 2250 an acre today. Central wetzel

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.