Lease Offer Feb 2019

We’ve received a lease offer this week from CGS Operating, LLC. Our mineral interest is the north half of block 36, section 25, T5 N. We were offered a leasing bonus of $450/A and a 20% royalty interest. We think this should be raised to 25% since they are requesting an option.

We were wondering if others were receiving lease offers and if this was a good offer.

0 Likes

We recently received a similar offer from CGS not too far from here. Has anyone else been contacted by them? $450/acre for 20% royalty seems fair according to my son who works in the industry.

0 Likes

We refused all offers because he did not offer 25% royalty. If you study documents on courthousedirect.com, you will see that 25% royalty offers are common on those OGLs most recently posted. We told him we would not accept anything less than that for which we last leased, which was $500/A, 2 y option and 25%. He eventually offered either $550/A, 2 y option and 22.5% or $500/A, 2 y option and 23%. We did not accept these offers.

0 Likes

Peggy,

Whats the email address of the person at CGS you were talking with? We have been cleaning out all of our letters and seem to have misplaced that one! I must have put it in the trash pile :frowning: Thanks for your previous response by the way!

0 Likes

I posted telephone number and then deleted. Should never have posted a telephone number on the internet. Perhaps you should send me a way to contact you directly.

0 Likes

Karen,

Where is your land located? Received similar offer and want to see if it is fair or not.

0 Likes

League 285. How about you?

0 Likes