Lease land description

I have a lease that I signed which stated the wrong Land discribition . They sent a check that I did not Cash. They resent a new lease agreement that I Have not signed with the right land for lease on it. I have tried to tell them I have gotten a high bid for This area but they wii not raise there offer and say I am legally bound to them from first contact because of Wording More or Less in contact . Is there a law I can give Them that states first contact must have the right land Description for it to be good?

I was involved on the other end of a similar situation with a mineral deed in Oklahoma, and the case went to court.

Bottom line is that despite the incorrect legal description, deed was declared valid.

I don't think you have a case, but you might need to get a legal opinion for whatever state you live in.

If this were in Texas I would say that the language "more or less" means just that. If a company is going to form a legal production unit they are going to get a complete new survey of the unit. They can't lease 10 acres from you and it is actually 12 and then pay you for the 10 Acre interest. There is a little more to this than that. Most likely the lease broker and landmen made a mistake and what you have is very valuable and they are going try to trick you and cover their mistakes.

It turns out at first by there reserch they thought I had more mineral rights in areas I did not own. I signed for what they thought I had. It turns out it was a much smaller area.I was sent a check for this cuurect area and new papers to sign. In the mean time it doubles in value. Also get this they want the rest of my interest in that area at the new High price. I say lets make it all the same at the new high price.No no that first one must stay even if it was all wrong in our description. I have just sat on all of this now for more than three months. Thinking if they really want that new much bigger area they will come around to my view. I have gotten calls to what I plan to do and I say looking at the wrong area you have my signasure on and I feel the next steep in to get legal advice. I'am to cheep to jump on that so wonder if any ideas?

Donald said:

It turns out at first by there reserch they thought I had more mineral rights in areas I did not own. I signed for what they thought I had. It turns out it was a much smaller area.I was sent a check for this cuurect area and new papers to sign. In the mean time it doubles in value. Also get this they want the rest of my interest in that area at the new High price. I say lets make it all the same at the new high price.No no that first one must stay even if it was all wrong in our description. I have just sat on all of this now for more than three months. Thinking if they really want that new much bigger area they will come around to my view. I have gotten calls to what I plan to do and I say looking at the wrong area you have my signasure on and I feel the next steep in to get legal advice. I'am to cheep to jump on that so wonder if any ideas?

Donald; Since they say the first lease is valid , you don't have to sign the "new " papers they have sent you. If you won't seek a lawyer, you might seek business advice from a mineral manager; probably alot cheaper. If you will do neither, I'd just let it lay and make them sweat. I think you had a good idea about a new lease with all the acres at the same (higher) price. I would tell them that you will not lease the remainder (greater portion as you say) to them, period, if you can't lease all of it at the higher rate. They can't make money off your acres if they are leased to someone else, at least, nothing like the kind of money they want to make. I think you need professional advice specific to your states laws. If you started right now, you could probably learn most of what you need to know in 6 months studying 8 hours a day. I think professional help would be easier. Good luck.