Lease in creek county oklahoma

I hope that someone can help me with my problem. About 6 months ago I was called by Dark Horse energy about the mineral rights that my Grandfather owned and I had no idea about it. Well they sent me a lease and were going to pay me a signing check. Well months went by and no check and I got a call from Dark Horse saying that they couldn’t trace me back to the mineral rights. My sister did all the leg work since she lives in Oklahoma and was able to get all the proper paperwork done and then they informed us that the lease was back on. About two months after all that they informed us again that the lease was a no-go and are releasing us from the lease due to not being able to connect us to the lease. I’m thinking that since the company is small and new that they didn’t have the funds to pay us. So do we shop our mineral rights around or just sit on it and wait for a company to approach us? Thank you and any help would be appreciated.

David,

If you are interested in wanting to have your minerals leased then yes do shop your mineral rights to be leased. The easiest way to do this, especially if you have access to the Courthouse in Creek County is to look in the surrounding sections and see who is acquiring leases in that area and then contact the company direct or you you can see where the lease is being returned to (usually a stamp on the last page of the lease) and contact the broker if they are using one.

Mrs.Lauren Lester , was to get back with me to I waited for her to contact me , when she finally did I met her gave mrs.lester a check a total of $5,000.00 , she has not fulfilled any needs of mine I had minerals to lease she found a company to drill my land and not heard from her in 5 months, I pulled mrs.Lester up did research on mrs.lester she had no experience in the oilfield and when I contacted her she flip out on me to stop bothering her and quit taking my calls. My land still never got driller she told me she would have her land man meet with myself and wife to go over all my land and minerals his name was Josh. Never met me at all so good luck ladies and gentlemen.