Lease Area Description

If a lease paperwork refers to one lease area as “Section 6: Lot 3 (39.80), S2NW, N2SW, SWSW and Section7: NW” , and another area as “Section 6: Lot 3 (39.80), S2NW4, N2SW4, SW4SW4 and Section 7: NW4” is this referring to the same area with different descriptions?

Probably so. If I were a title attorney, I would recommend a correction of description on lease 1. Lease 2 is just fine.

Mr. Cotten:

Thanks for your input. I think it was referring to the same area with a slightly different description. These descriptions were in leases from two differerent companies covering different lease periods.

Buddy Cotten said:

Probably so. If I were a title attorney, I would recommend a correction of description on lease 1. Lease 2 is just fine.

Best,

Buddy Cotten

www.cottenoilproperties.com

Mr. Cotton I would truly appreciate it if you could assist me with obtaining information of the exact location of the property I inherited the mineral rights on. The description is below. I went to the Texas Railroad Commission website but I have no clue what I'm looking at. All I really want to know is if the property is located in the "hot spot" in regard to the Eagle Ford Shell Play. Can you please assist? You've been my best resource:)

Natasha

The property description is 147.5 acres situated in the F.J. Haskins Survey, Abstract 136 and the N. McLane Survey, Abstract 189 in Karnes County, Texas. Of the 147.5 acres, 91.5 acres are in the F.J. Haskins Survey and 56 acres are in the N. McLane Survey.