League and labor conversion to section block

I inherited some mineral rights and the only description of the property is league 297, labor 22 and that it is part of the Reagan County School Land in Gaines County. I would like to be able to convert this to section and block so I can look it up on the map.

1 Like

Hi Leslie -

I think I've got you covered, but I have some friends over and it's late on a Saturday night, so I'll answer you in a more formal way tomorrow.

Charles

Leslie -

Please download the attached - I think it will answer your questions.

I don't know if you are familiar with these legal descriptions, but a League is 4,428.40 acres; a Labor (pronounced LAAboor) is 1/25 of a League or 177.136 acres.

First, I looked up all the Reagan County School Lands (Reagan CSL) in Gaines County, both on the Texas General Land Office's (GLO) website and on DrillingInfo (DI), an online subscription service that provides information on Oil and Gas Wells. There are only four Reagan CSL Leagues in Gaines County, one of which is No. 297.

I then downloaded the GLO File on the four Leagues (it's a single file) which confirms the location and Abstract Numbers of the different Leagues.

I then prepared a small set of maps locating the Leagues for you, including a map from a Well that has been Permitted in League 297, showing where Labor 22 is located.

I have also included some brief information about the Well. It was "Spudded In" (Drilling Commenced) August 29, 2016 and is presently listed as "Drilling In Progress". If you will remind me in a few more months, I will see if it has been completed and what it's Initial Potential (IP) test results were.

Hope this helps -

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

547-LEAGUE297LABOR22A817GAINESCOTX.pdf (2.62 MB) 548-4216538420REAGANCLS29720NO.1H.pdf (749 KB)
1 Like

Thank you very much. The information is very helpful.

You're welcome.

If you need anything else, just let us know.