Lea County - well information request

Hi, I am looking for well information on mineral rights I own at:

1. in section 33, 24S, 38E: Lot 1 and Lot 2 and E/2 NW/4
  2. in section 19, 24S, 38E: all

I have located maps and identified the above plots (Via Town, Range, section) but have not been able to identify the operators.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

J. Scott Layton

https://wwwapps.emnrd.state.nm.us/ocd/ocdpermitting/Data/Wells.aspx

Thanks Bart, that’s excellent information, I see most of my interest are by Chevron and I do receive royalties from Cheveron however I also pay Cheveron monthly (usually a few hundred per month) I get a list of drills and maintenance cost, do you know why I would be required to pay Chevron for these running costs?.

Do you know how I can work out what wells I have an I treat in section 33, unlike sections n 19 where I have an interest in all the section, section 33 is split into lots, not sure what wells are on these lots and what is producing, any help would be appreciated.

Scott

Scott, if you are being billed for maintenance costs then you most likely own a working interest (possibly in addition to a royalty interest). You can make that determination by examining your check stub, which will indicate "interest type". In addition to your separate research, I would contact Chevron owner relations for assistance about your interest and the status of your wells -- especially with respect to your working interests. Specifically ask them for well plats or survey plats which may identify the section 33 lots.

I AGREE WITH DONALD, AND HAVE 35+ YEARS IN THE BUSINESS. Not implying I know it all-----I do not!

Thank you and will do. Scott

:slight_smile:

Hi Donald, Yes it appears as WI, I can only assume means Working Interest, is this a good thing? I have also contacted Cheveron owner relations and will receive info! I also requested Plats and survey plats so I can identify what wells are producing.

Regards Scott

YES, WI IS WORKING INTEREST. IT CAN BE A GOOD THING IN THE EARLY YEARS OF PRODUCTION AND YOU WILL LEARN TO HATE IT IN THE LATTER YEARS WILL LEARN TO HATE IT!!!! START SAVING $$$ WHEN YOUR CHECKS BECOME SMALLER AND SMALLER!!!!!