Lea County, NM - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

we just got a lease done last month in T24S R34E

I see that there is several lease being looked at in lea county I know that one land co has gotten much very wrong in there contracts by using Texas law instead of new mexico be very careful of what you sine anyone that wants to friend me and call I will tell what I know,we need to all be together before we put our contracts in the mail. I would like to know who the oil co the land co and what they offer are.

Ron Koehler, who is your lease with and if you don't mind, how much did you receive as your bonus per acre? We are in the same vicinity, I think, and have not found anyone to lease our minerals. Thank you for any info you can give.

E. Dubose Which land company haves it wrong ?

Have several interests in Lea Co. and trying to find someone to locate and assess their value. Thanks

phil I have been working lee county and will be back in courthouse soon ,answer my friend and we will see if I can help thanks

I would probably have to mail you the information since there are 12 interests. They are all listed in Book 717 Page 784. Thanks

just a heads up cant tell just what is going on but keep your eyes open It will take me a few days to do more research thanks for all of every ones input .

Can anyone tell me how long is it after the do the 3D geophysical survey (going to start testing in 2 to 3 months), if they find oil that they start drill .

Can any one tell me what the going rate per acre is for geophysical testing

Does anyone have know a good attorney in New Mexico, Lea County area?

SE NewMexico followers: Here's an abc news story about oil activity:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/mexico-oil-country-struggles-cities-boom-23626554

Anyone familiar with the South Hobbs Grayburg SA Unit. Also, North Unit being run by Occidental Permian?

Somewhat familiar Chris, I have an interest in it, what exactly are you looking for?

Thanks Bart.

I was hoping to find out how much of the Hobbs Grayburg SA Units Occidental produces. I found out just after I posted my question. Thanks

Newbie here...We own several properties in Lea County. On one piece, S23 T17S R37E East half we have received a letter wanting to buy our oil and gas "royalty". We get frequent letters wanting to buy mineral interests, but this is the first time anyone has wanted to buy the royalty's. Would this be a good indicator that someone is drilling on this property. We don't ever sell anything.

I have 80 acres land 12 miles west of Jal on Hwy 128 . they are want to run a pipe line across 519 feet of it, can any one tell me what that should be worth to me?

Ron, I have property 17mi west of Jal on 128. Was sent a letter from Chevron about this. I talked to Kevin Dickerson there in early March and he was very informative, but had no price he could give me at that time. I did say by early April they should have their 'studies' done and would make an offer about then and he said they 'will pay at the high end of the spectrum for an easement'. I understand this is a pipeline for 'brackish' water and would want a 30' wide easement, with a temporary 60-80' wide construction easement. I too have no idea what is a fair price for this. On my property there is already a power line easement and this new easement would simply go along the north side of that.

On another note... have you had anyone recently inquiring about purchasing 10-15ac of your land along the highway? (surface only) I had several months ago, put decided not to sell at that time...now I can get the easement money!

typo in previous post.......'He did say by early April'....

Yes I recently inquiring about purchasing 30 to 40 aces of land along the highway?