Lawrence Bartlett:Section 1/Block 72

Lawrence,

are you aware there is a gas well that starts in Section 21 and ends in Section 1? If you own minerals in the North 1/2 of Section 1 you should be getting royalty checks. Centennial Resource Production, LLC is the operator.

Link to Production Data:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=02|3=2016|4=01|5=2017|103=268076|6=G|102=08|8=specificLease|204=district|9=dispDetails|10=0

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

we are in sec 1 blk 112

ron dhillon,

I see some activity to the East and Southeast 3-5 miles of you by Anadarko E&P. As of February and March 2017 they have 4 approved permits but I see no new activity close to Section 1.

GIS Map of Reeves County Block 112/Section 1/A-3481:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Section 1, Block 112 straddles the Reeves & Culberson County lines and is partly in both counties. Capitan has drilled in adjacent sections to the west in Culberson County, including Section 2, Block 112. Thunderhead Petroleum has taken a lot of leases in Section 1. If you own minerals, then you should contact Capitan or Thunderhead. In that area, most the surface was severed from the minerals many years ago, so you need to determine whether you own minerals or surface in Section 1.

called there media number. awaiting reply. what is my next step? lawyer? any recommendations for me? I am in Duluth, Minnesota so a long way from texas. think I am out of my depth here.

also contacted Cali at capitan energy. sent her copy of my deed and map of

after so many phone calls unbelieveable it seems to appear that I own the land but not the minerals. was told I did by mark ball out of Austin tx who sold land to me but my warranty deed does not state either way. will have reeves county send me documents and they say to take to an oil a nd gas lawyer to see. do know that centennial energy is paying but not to me so a good indicator I think

In much of west Texas, the surface and mineral estates have been severed. An owner can only sell you what he owns. A common phrase in deeds is that seller grants buyer "all my right, title and interest in X tract of land" and that does not guarantee minerals. Some deeds are more specific and note that only surface (or mineral) rights are being transferred. Unfortunately, this is a common experience of many buyers who purchase land and either assume or are told that there are some or all of the minerals included. To determine mineral rights, you have to research all the deeds in your chain of title to see whether some or all of the minerals were severed at some point over the years. The county itself will not research this point for you. It is the same issue with whether you receive 100% or some fractional interest in the surface. If you own surface, you will be paying property taxes on it. So again, paying taxes does not tell you if you own any minerals. You should find out where in the section your surface is located and whether you own all or a fraction of that tract. If your surface is used for a drilling location or for ROW for pipeline, electric line or road, then you will be owed damages. Perhaps you can contact your seller and ask him to refund your purchase price and take back the property.

Lawrence,

I'm assuming these 2 names on this Pooling Authority Document are the ones receiving the royalty checks. You might try leasing or selling your surface acreage out to some oil/gas company for storage purposes or/and............

CLICK ON DOCUMENT TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles