Lavaca County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

anybody have any hard numbers on current lease rates in area on E side of Shiner in proximity to Welhausen site? street talk has rates ranging from $1500 to $5000 per acre, w. royalties from 1/5 up to 1/4.

tbb- what is the name of you unit ?

john yertis- Penn was paying $2500/$1000 on a 3/2 25%royalty, can not be south of us 90 or more than 5 miles east of shiner

John Maurer- who is your lease with Cypress or Sanchez ?

Mr. ML, regarding the Nancy, after about 30 days of drilling everything is gone, even the guard booth. There are no storage tanks or flare.

The only 4 wells permitted in the JB Johnson are Devon’s Marcia, Shelly, Nancy and Lacye. All 4 of these are side by side. Have not heard anything of this being a bad area or technical difficulties. Still could be waiting for a frac crew…you can call Devon, they will usually talk to the mineral owner. Do you know if they started any of the other 3 wells yet on the adjacent units ?

Mr. ML, no I don’t know about the other wells. I live in Houston, so don’t know a lot of what’s happening in the area. Was hoping someone else in the pool or area would know. Just seems odd that even the guard shack is gone. At least the sign, Devon Energy, Nancy, 1,2,3 is still on the gate, I’m told.

Mr ML I HAD a lease with Cypress which expired (first three years) and the

option for two more years was not taken. I assume my property must be

over the east boundary of the shale.

All Cypress leases in Lavaca county were purchased by Penn Virginia. Penn is picking up some of the options on those that the primary period is expiring. You should contact Penn to see if they are interested in making you a new lease at this time. However, you might be to far northeast for them…

I own minerals in the JB Johnson survey. Devon started drilling about a month ago in a pool I’m in, but now the rig equipment has been taken down and removed in the last day or so, even the guard shack is gone. Does anyone know if this is normal procedure? Are they getting ready to bring in a whole new set up for fracking. Thanks!

Mr. ML, the unit is the “Nancy.” (Devon applied for the drilling permit application with my dad’s name as the mineral owner, even though my gift deed was recorded 7 months prior with Lavaca county, but that’s another issue to get straight.)

On the Nancy unit…they probably have not fracked yet. This is in a good area…are there storage tanks on the pad yet ? or a flare ? Devon permitted a LOT of units down there recently so they are drilling 1 well per unit to get these down before expiration…there was also units called the Lori, Brittany…and others in that area. Some earlier units like the Colleen are now getting their second and third well in…just takes time…

Mr. ML, No I don’t know if they started any of the other 3 wells, I live in Houston. I’m told by someone in the area, they rig was moved just up the road to another site (unit).

Can someone tell me if anyone will be leasing on County Road 324. Just off the US77A and US95 intersection? I have tried the Penn Virginia link but haven’t been able to see what I am looking for. I have also heard of Sabine working the vicinity. I am looking for contact information.

On another note I have been contacted by a landman for a pipeline on CR 340 in Shiner. I don’t see a lot of pipeline talk here. I would appreciate any insights that anyone would be willing to share.

Thanks All, interesting site.

As to oil prices, I’d like to see them higher, but there is going to be continued activity by operating companies, especially in counties like Lavaca, Fayette and DeWitt that have many “sweet spots”. Companies will be cutting drilling in marginal and experimental areas. For useful information go to the link below and see what experts like R. T. Dukes and others say. For a better understanding read the whole article as I did.

Richard Porche, re the pipeline, an Austin lawyer has written an article on that. If you google something like “How to negotiate a pipeline right of way”, you may find help. It’s usually best to contact a lawyer before responding to a pipeline common carrier (and your man may not be a common carrier but a company that wants to cross your land). And not all common carriers have the power of condemnation.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/As-oil-pric…

John Yertis,

Try fuelFix on google search. I don’t know whether that requires a Chronicle subscription.

The article is very long, but if fuelFix doesn’t work, send me a message through this forum, along with your email address, I will try to send it to you as a MS Word attachment. Some items are time-sensitive and expire.

Also, some of these are picked up by other papers. Google something like “Siemens CEO likes US economy and reliability”.

John,

Ignore the reference to Siemens CEO, that was a mistake. Follow the link below. If that doesn’t work, do the email suggestion.

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2014/11/30/oil-companies-produce-more-for-l…

R Fairey: got it, using the fuelfix link you provided. thank you.

Richard Porche.

If you still need help re the pipeline matter, I suggest you contact R. D. “Buddy” Cotten (that’s CottEn with an E). He is what I call a Super Landman, has 40 years experience and great resources. Cotten is a member of this forum and has contributed very useful articles to this forum. Google him at “Cotten Oil Properties”.

R Fairey: would like to read the article by R T Dukes, but it’s not available to nonsubscribers to the Houston Chronicle thru the link you posted . is it available anywhere else? or can you cut/paste it here on the forum?

Greg, are you sure that Sanchez bought the Hackberry Prospect? I was under the impression that ZaZa was never able to sell either Hackberry or Oakland. It’s immaterial at this point though because like Mr. ML says, ‘Sanchez has left Lavaca county !!!’ in the same way that Elvis has left the building!

Sanchez has left Lavaca county !!!