Latest Leases in Logan

Offers are being made near Peetz and Iliff. Anyone else getting offers in Logan County? My relatives near Peetz and Iliff have had offers around $200 per acre. The starting price was $15/ acre and now they are around $200/acre.

I also have mineral rights in that county. Any info would be appreciated. penny03@windstream.net

My wife owns rights in 8n-55w and 8n-56w. She was offered $75 and 1/8. We are just starting to research the whole thing. Larry

i have property near peetz. who is making the offers and from what oil company. john

Our offer was from Lincoln Oil and Gas LLC. Has anyone ever heard of them?

The Latest rumors from the Peetz area are 300/arce for 3 year primary, 400/acre for 3 year secondary, 1/6th royality. These numbers are rumors and are a week old so please take everything I write with reservation. And they are from Lincoln Oil and Gas LLC( AKA, Paramount Land and G&J).

Double Eagle is the other company that was leasing and apparently they're not interested in matching the Lincoln oil offer, but they still might be in the area trying to get leases.

They are supposed to be drilling the first well approx. 5 miles south of Peetz. Again...this is a rumor and second hand info so take it for what it's worth.

Does anyone have the minutes to the August 1st meeting that was discussed on this board?

Does any one have any fresh news. A land man held a meeting with my neighbors north of Crook in late August. I called him for more information and he said that he was putting together lease offers and hoped to have them out in about a month...that would make it any time now if he is on schedule.

Douglas, who was the landman and who was he with?
Douglas W. Ator said:

Does any one have any fresh news. A land man held a meeting with my neighbors north of Crook in late August. I called him for more information and he said that he was putting together lease offers and hoped to have them out in about a month...that would make it any time now if he is on schedule.

It was Chuck Schram with Lincoln Oil and Gas

Do you have any contact info for Chuck Schram? The original landman for Lincoln oil and gas was Greg Hall and I don't know if he's still working leases for them.

Douglas W. Ator said:

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you. His # is 214-773-7553

Nate said:

Do you have any contact info for Chuck Schram? The original landman for Lincoln oil and gas was Greg Hall and I don't know if he's still working leases for them.

Douglas W. Ator said:

we have an initial offer for 15 acres land that is several miles north of Sterling.....$125 per acre and 1/8th from Double Eagle. Is Lincoln Oil still active in this area? Also can a lease be resold to a 3rd party without our permission? thanks, Jay B.

Hey Jay,

If you will accept my friend request so we can message each other ( or so you can send me the Section, Township, and Range) I might be able to be of some assistance to you.

-Aaron

Jay Browne said:

we have an initial offer for 15 acres land that is several miles north of Sterling.....$125 per acre and 1/8th from Double Eagle. Is Lincoln Oil still active in this area? Also can a lease be resold to a 3rd party without our permission? thanks, Jay B.

I have rights near Peetz as well, I'm very new to all of this just trying to find some information on how this whole process works.

Penny Aspegren said:

I also have mineral rights in that county. Any info would be appreciated. penny03@windstream.net

Can anyone explain to me what happened to Lincoln Oil and Gas? Do they still hold active leases in Logan County? Are there any other companies interested in Logan County? I am very new and just trying to figure out what happened in Logan County. Thanks!

We may have a deal going in Sec. 20, SE 1/4. Its for a straight buy-out of 50% of 160 contiguous acres. We havent leased out since 1984 oil collapse and lessee cancelled because oil price tanked. I am wondering just if an outright sale is a good idea, but no offers to lease have been forthcoming. I hate to give up the idea of not having any royalty consideration because I remember in 1984 just before the collapse , we were told by lessee that production was in the immediate future. But it is just hearsay. We live in AZ and might as well be on the moon. 200 hundred dollars per acre seems about right, except for the total surrendering of mneral rights. We really have only just put it out there. Thank You Wesley Tucker

Go to the Colorado Oil & Gas Commission. They can help. Wes Tucker