Looking for a land man out of Garvin County. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum. You do not have to use a landman from the county as any competent OK landman can help.
If you want to do a bit of legwork first for a low fee, try www.okcountyrecords.com. Free to look up instruments, a small fee to print.
If you need something more complex, you can find landmen on : Homepage.
Perhaps describe what you want the landman to accomplish. You will be likely to get better feedback.
Notice: Informational only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by this post. I am an Oklahoma-licensed attorney, but this is not legal advice. Do not share confidential facts in this public space.
Thank you. I’ve checked into court records, spoke with the county clerk. Their best opinion was to seek out a land man. I’m trying to figure out what mineral rights I’ve inherited from a couple of family members.
Look up Jim Slade he is in Tulsa , his daughter’s name is Jena . They are who contacted us hired out from a company. Good luck
Thank you, I’ll look them up!
I am a local landman. I would be interested in helping you.
I’m looking for a landman that knows the books in garvin county.
Welcome to the forum.
You can do much of the searching yourself back several decades using www.okcountyrecords.com Free to look, minimal to print.
If you need to go back further, you can find a landman using the AAPL public directory. The landman does not have to live in the particular county, just be a specialist with OK.
I have dug through okcountyrecords and through the books at the garvin county court house. What I have found makes no sense and need someone to look into it. Someone that knows the books over in that court house.
A woman named Darla (last name escapes me) was a regular in the County Clerks Office. If you call the Clerks Office I bet they can give you haer number.
@AndrewTowell I am also searching for a landman for Gavin County. Did you find a landman?
@Joshua_E_Epperson I am currently searching for a landman to assist with obtaining copies of the leases we own in Harper and Gavin counties. Please contact me so I can provide more details.
Depending upon how far back you are trying to go, there are several options. If you have operating wells, contact your operator and ask for a copy of the lease. Many will provide them.
The other option is www.okcountyrecords.com which allows you to look for the leases back several decades for free and small fee to print. (Most of the counties in OK are located there.) If they are older than the online records, then you can contact a landman. The AAPL has a directory. Homepage