Landman Recommendation?

I’m in need of clarification and proof regarding ownership of the mineral rights I have inherited (third generation) in Roger Mills County. The county clerks office can offer nothing but the phone number for a landman, which has been disconnected. Can I do this research on my own, are there records of ownership I can access? Or do I need to pay a landman, and if so, any recommendations? Another question: is there a way for me to review which companies are currently operating in the locations of my rights, a database or registry of activity? Happy to have found this forum, thanks!

1 Like

You can do some of your own legwork from your computer. okcountyrecords.com is a subscription service that allows you to look at Roger Mills county records back to a certain point. If you strike out, or the information goes back too far, you can hire a landman, and various people on this site can make suggestions.

If you go on the okcountyrecords.com you can see who is leasing in your geographical area. The OCC has a website that allows you to see the wells in your area. However, you have to enter the information section by section.

1 Like

Eaddy, Welcome to the forum. You can search land records yourself using Roger Mills County | OKCountyRecords.com | County Clerk Public Land Records for Oklahoma. It helps if you have the section, township range. On that site you can purchase tokens to print or save document for $1 per page. Aside from the clerk’s records there are not other “official” registries. Some companies claim to provide a registry service but are considered scams or jokes by many.

1 Like

Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction – that OK County Records website is an amazing resource! With mineral rights, is there any documentation I should/can have listing my “ownership”? When proof is needed, what do mineral rights owners have to show for it, and who produces it?

I know a good landman if you would like his contact information. A landman can be useful helping you verify your ownership especially if you only own in a section or two. If you own in several counties doing some research yourself is definitely the most cost effective option.

Eaddy, I am heading to OK in a couple weeks to pull some title, and I will be in rodger mills if you need anything further or want a title opinion I can put that together for you.