Landman Needed Lavaca County

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a landman that could help me with title search in Lavaca County, TX?

Thank you,

What is your question ??

Where are you in Lavaca County

Hi @CMT_Tobola

I got an assignment with all this description below and I don’t know what to do with this. I don’t know if there is any existing production from this or if this has all expired now, and I have no idea how to find out. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

704 acres of land, more or less, out of the John Bunton Survey. A~78, the BBB&CRR Co. Survey, A-98, the F. Mayher Hr.;. Survey, A-315, the W.G.L. Foley Survey, A-1 79, and the William Ponton Survey, A-36.

702.93 acres as described in Designation of Gas Unit dated 7/ 10/79, recorded in Volume 230, Page 674, Lease Records, and amended by instrument dated 6/21/85, recorded in Volume 295, Page 530.

352 acres of land, more or less, out of the James Campbell Survey. A-6, as described in Designation of Gas Unil dated October 12, 1974, executed by Howell “B” Account, recorded in Volume 179, Page 326-328 of the Lease Records of Lavaca County, Texas.

702.93 acres Gas Unit, out of the James Campbell League. A-6. and the Luke J. Presnal League, A-355, Lavaca County. Texas.

679.99 acres as described in Designation of Unit dated September 5, 1980, recorded in Volume 244, Page 132, and Amendment dated February 19, 1981, recorded in Volume 248, Page 502, and Amendment dated June 25. 1984. recorded in Volume 285. Page 154. Lease Records of Lavaca County, Texas.

Your fifth description refers to the Adolph Marek Gas Unit #1

Posted about descriptions 2 and 4, but it has been delayed for approval.

There were two Adolphus Marek GU wells – both plugged and abandoned. In my opinion your description #5 is worthless, unless it was a perpetual mineral right, which it probably is not since your document is an “assignment” and not a “deed”. Attached is the plugging record on the #1 well. The #2 was plugged and abandoned the following year. Adolphus Marek GU 1 plugging record.pdf (1.6 MB)

Attached is a drilling permit from 2011 for the 704 acres – your first description. Nothing is currently producing in the 704 acres. Probably worthless. So this leaves just the 352 acres, description #3, to figure out.

Grahmann Unit permit.pdf (99.1 KB)

Hi axg275, you can actually do a fair amount of the research yourself.

1. identify the tracts (which is really what you are asking about)
  2. use the Texas RRC GIS website to identify any active wells
  3. contact the operators

I will help you with part of this. I visited Texasfile.com and searched on Volume 230 Page 674. What came up was not Volume 230 Page 674, but rather another document that must be linked to the one I requested. The index indicates this is for the 702.93 acre Woytek-Edwards Gas Unit. Two of your four descriptions are for 702.93 acres so presumably these refer to the same property. I know the Woytek-Edwards gas unit. There was a 3 month gap in production a few years ago, and the original leases terminated and new leases were negotiated. My term royalty on an original lease ceased as would any legacy overriding royalty interests. Since you received an assignment, it is most likely an assignment of overriding royalty interests, so most likely you can stop looking at the 702.93 acres. Just to be safe you can send a copy of the assignment to Liz Blanche ewrenn@csoginc.com at Capital Star Oil and Gas, the current operator of the Woytek-Edwards Gas Unit.

I will take some time to look at the others. This is fun.

The third and final description is for the Trojak Gas Unit. The attached pages from the Texas RRC well file show the 352 acres. There was only 1 well drilled. It is now plugged and abandoned. The online production records at the Railroad Commission only go back to 1993 and there is no production reported. The well and acreage is in the highlighted area of the map.

Trojak Gas Unit.pdf (142.1 KB)

Just curious, did you get an assignment on the Grahmann lease from ZaZa Energy, the original operator?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.